+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gerrard

Gerrard

What a bloody good choice. I think most of the squad idolise him and respect him. You can tell hes a decent bloke but has high expectations and doesnt take any ****. A winning mentality and a profile thats put Villa in the spotlight. Reminds me a bit of MON when he arrived.

Let's hope he doesn't set us back a decade, by sh1tting all over us, as MON did.

I dont think MON was exactly idolised by the players tbh, respected maybe, the difference I think is that players would potentially want to come to us because SG is the manager, Im not sure that was ever the case with MON, certainly cant remember any "excited to play under MON, it was more excited to play at this club" I think Gerrard is going to be the first of his generation of top players to become a real success as a manager, Im not saying it will necessarily happen with us (although its obviously what I would hope), but I do think it will happen, he appears to have the right attitude and approach from what he has shown so far and has clearly absorbed a lot of information from his previous clubs and managers.

He's a big upgrade on MON in my view, inherited a set of expensive players and got a tune out of them immediately, making good tactical decisions during games & already giving minutes to our younger players. In the same way Moyes has improved West Ham to claim a seat at the top table I firmly believe he'll be able to do the same for us.

Early days but very impressed so far with him and he just seems so genuine imo n he’s clearly had a massive impact on some of the players..

Very very pleasantly surprised. He looks the real deal. I wanted to go for a European name after Dean to be honest, eg. why is it Everton can get Carlo and Rafa, Palace Vierra etc, none of whom it seems would think of Villa. Also, is Rangers any sort of preparation for the Premier League? And he never seemed to have a positive presence to make England win plus the Anfield stepping stone argument. Anyway, take it all back. His body language in the dugout is great, sorry Dean mate but when we went down a goal you looked completely clueless. Gerrard stays the same, positive and working to what seems like a plan.

He speaks very confindently, knows what he wants and expects from his players, look he is a winner, he aint come here just for the ride, he wants to win things. I bet he cannot wait to spend some of the owners dish in January, something he could not do at Rangers!!

Thought he was very balanced after the game on Saturday, he's obviously annoyed at having lost but didn't see it as a free hit in the same way others would. He's a class act.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)