+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: REG attracting attention

REG attracting attention

Derby County, Preston North End, Barnsley & Cardiff City are in a race to sign Rotherham defender Rarmani Edmonds-Green, Football Insider has learned.

The 22-year-old has been an impressive ever-present for the League One leaders during a season-long loan spell from Huddersfield.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that Huddersfield are expecting bids for Edmonds-Green going into the January window.

His contract is due to expire next summer and a six-figure bid is likely to be enough to seal a deal.

Rotherham sit top of the League One table and Edmonds-Green has played a significant role in their success.

After only featuring in one of the Millers’ first four games of the season, he has established himself as a key player. 15 starts and seven clean sheets have followed with Rotherham firmly in contention for an immediate return to the second tier.

After joining Rotherham on loan, Huddersfield’s head of football operations Leigh Bromby told the club site he has “high hopes” for the young defender.

He also revealed a full season of League One football was “important” for Edmonds-Green’s development.

Huddersfield Town have a 12 months clause in REG's contract, so can extend the contract,
    they don't have to sell the player.
    Plus Derby County can not sign a player for a fee, because they are under a transfer embargo.

The only one of those I'd give any real credence to is Preston. Ryan Lowe will have a good working knowledge of players in Lg1.

Cardiff? Hmmmm. Maybe. They do seem to have a scout who sniffs around our patch.

Derby and Barnsley are just basket case clubs. Nothing happening there in my opinion. Any agent who advises a young player to go to either club wants shooting.

My gut feeling, notwithstanding a crazy offer, is that he will extend his contract at Hudders and then, HOPEFULLY, he's allowed to see the season out with us. He's very highly thought of at HTFC and I think this was always intended as a development loan as opposed to a "get shut, get him off the wage bill" loan. I think they want him long term.

As always, we shall see.

I'm not a total fan. I've said players running at him he's too static. If he's going to go may as well be January.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    The only one of those I'd give any real credence to is Preston. Ryan Lowe will have a good working knowledge of players in Lg1.

Cardiff? Hmmmm. Maybe. They do seem to have a scout who sniffs around our patch.

Derby and Barnsley are just basket case clubs. Nothing happening there in my opinion. Any agent who advises a young player to go to either club wants shooting.

My gut feeling, notwithstanding a crazy offer, is that he will extend his contract at Hudders and then, HOPEFULLY, he's allowed to see the season out with us. He's very highly thought of at HTFC and I think this was always intended as a development loan as opposed to a "get shut, get him off the wage bill" loan. I think they want him long term.

As always, we shall see.
    Grumps trust you're well pal. The thing about Huddersfield though is they are in financial trouble. Phil Hodgkinson the owner is in dire financial trouble and owes something like 40 million as nine of his business' have gone in administration. I'm sure I read quite recently that the previous owner has jumped back in to the tune of 25 Million and it's him who has paid the last wage bills.

All that being said, I don't think Huddersfield will want to keep REG and will look to offload him asap come January. He's not been with them all season so they haven't really missed him. IF we look like maintaining a good position after the Festive period, then surely Warne should be asking Stewart for an opportunity to put a bid in for him, and not a derisory silly one! The lad has a lot of potential and he fits our model perfectly, plus, he is a young player with many years to offer.
    Last edited by Brin; 13-12-2021 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Grumps trust you're well pal. The thing about Huddersfield though is they are in financial trouble. Phil Hodgkinson the owner is in dire financial trouble and owes something like 40 million as nine of his business' have gone in administration. I'm sure I read quite recently that the previous owner has jumped back in to the tune of 25 Million and it's him who has paid the last wage bills.

All that being said, I don't think Huddersfield will want to keep REG and will look to offload him asap come January. He's not been with them all season so they haven't really missed him. IF we look like maintaining a good position after the Festive period, then surely Warne should be asking Stewart for an opportunity to put a bid in for him, and not a derisory silly one! The lad has a lot of potential and he fits our model perfectly and is a young player with many years to offer.
    I did a post Brin, about Hodgkinson & Huddersfield Town, his businesses that are in financial trouble are not connected to his 1 business interest with Huddersfield, but has I posted he still owes money to Dean Hoyle, who has been footing the wage bill.
    I would think that Huddersfield Town will take up the option of the 12 months contract clause on REG's contract.
    Dean Hoyle who still owns 25% of Huddersfield Town, the other 75% is on HP to Hodgkinson, with Dean Hoyle relaxing the
    payment dates to help Hodgkinson, & keep Huddersfield Town afloat, with Dean Hoyle saying he will cover wages & other
    expenses.

They prob won't be eager to sell. But if we get in the same ball park as any of them - and we prob won't - then it may be down to REG's preference. We won't match his wages to any of those clubs, but REG might be similar to Barlasar in that he's been here, he knows what its like, he likes it, he wants to come back, he fits in, he's getting game time etc. He might not want to move down to Cardiff, and all the others bar with exception of PNE maybe, he won't know what league he will be in. From his pov he'd be daft to move to any of those clubs in Jan, and that includes us, unless he is forced to. He'd be much better to wait and see what league all these clubs are in next season.

Huddersfield will not be selling him to anybody hes one for the future and by all account Happy there.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

All that being said, I don't think Huddersfield will want to keep REG and will look to offload him asap come January. He's not been with them all season so they haven't really missed him. IF we look like maintaining a good position after the Festive period, then surely Warne should be asking Stewart for an opportunity to put a bid in for him, and not a derisory silly one! The lad has a lot of potential and he fits our model perfectly, plus, he is a young player with many years to offer.
    I'm good cheers Brinster and hope you are too mate?

Interesting stuff re the HTFC financials. As you say that may come into play or they might seek to sell more established players (on higher wages) and look to build a squad around their young talent such as REG.

I really hope REG stays with us but if he does go then Wes Harding would slot into that position.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast