Someone has sent an email to the EFL with this content :-

I am someone who is interested in the well-being of Carlisle United, an ordinary supporter.
Between the beginning of the year 2020 and now has there been a notice of proposed take-over by any party? The most likely party would be either Purepay Retail Ltd or Philip Day, who controls Purepay Retail Ltd.

If such documentation has been received by the EFL I believe that there was a flaw, or indeed a clause which was unacceptable to the EFL and the document in that form was rejected. No amended document was submitted and the matter was dropped.

Am I correct in my supposition that the EFL received such an initial document and if so am I correct that it was unacceptable and nothing more occurred? What was the specific reason for the document to be deemed unacceptable and thus null and void?

Since this supposed matter occurred there has passed sufficient time for it to be no longer considered to be an issue in current progress and thus you are not inhibited from responding to this query of mine.

This c­unt will have seen the recent statements by Holdings and CUOSC. They always keep us well informed and always tell the truth. So I say rescind this email immediately and apologise for checking up on the top class selfless work done by Holdings and CUOSC.