+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Omicron Thread.

I don’t believe that it is a case of the AZ vaccine being ineffective as the first two doses, it is that the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are more effective as boosters, being different to the first two. I had AZ for my first two and the Moderna for the booster. I haven’t had the Plague!

Maybe I should add ‘yet’ to the above!

Christ. With the amount of people on this thread who know people who've had adverse reactions to the vaccine and booster it's a wonder they don't come with public health warnings.

AZ one and two with fk all reaction from either of them for three of us beyond the wife's usual moan about fk all for the sake of having a moan about anything and everything.

At the same time we've all had the Pfizer booster. Even the wife couldn't find anything to moan about with that one so I punched her in the appropriate shoulder to cheer herself up by whingeing about me instead.

Worked a treat 😊 .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Christ. With the amount of people on this thread who know people who've had adverse reactions to the vaccine and booster it's a wonder they don't come with public health warnings.

AZ one and two with fk all reaction from either of them for three of us beyond the wife's usual moan about fk all for the sake of having a moan about anything and everything.

At the same time we've all had the Pfizer booster. Even the wife couldn't find anything to moan about with that one so I punched her in the appropriate shoulder to cheer herself up by whingeing about me instead.

Worked a treat 😊 .
    Me and the wife both had two AZ to start with and not a hint of a reaction.

We both then had the Phizer because it’s a better booster when mixed with the initial two AZ......not the slightest reaction.

The only person I know who knows of adverse reactions is BaggieAl! 😏🤣🤣

Seriously, I don’t personally know of anyone either young, middling or old who’s had a bad reaction to any jab.

I do however know a huge number of people who haven’t had Covid to their knowledge.....all vaccinated.

I know of quite a few, like my idiot son and his partner who were both anti vax who’ve had nasty doses of Covid at 29 and 27.

My son had his first dose last week having told me he never wanted to be so scared again having really struggled for breath!

If my kids were 16 and under again I would be making them take it.

For the one in 100,000 who have a reaction or worse it’s just unfortunate.

Odds worth taking I believe.

Just had my booster which was Moderna. Should've had it about 4 weeks ago but picked up a cold (prob partially due to sudden change in weather with sharp drop in temp then) so had to delay. My first 2 jabs were AZ and had a reaction to the first that came on about 24 hours later but only mild flu like symptoms that lasted maybe 2 days where felt a bit rough. In early Nov I came down with what I thought was man flu but it laid me up for a week and the fatigue and breathlessness lasted about 5 weeks. Took several lateral flow tests but all negative and didn't have other symptoms of covid like high temp or loss of taste etc. Was it covid or just nasty seasonal bug? Who knows but neither my wife nor son got it and neither have been vaccinated. My wife has fibromyalgia and a low immune system but we were just sensible with me banished to the bedroom and good hygiene practiced. Do I think the govt are over reacting? Possibly as clearly new strain spreads quickly buta may not as severe. The point of the booster though maybe to mostly protect Nhs as even milder infections will mean more people off sick and that will include nurses etc that will impact on all areas of healthcare not just any covid linked admissions.

Quite simply put full lockdown should now come into force for anyone who is unvaccinated, break the law and it’s an isolation cell for you..

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I don’t believe that it is a case of the AZ vaccine being ineffective as the first two doses, it is that the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are more effective as boosters, being different to the first two. I had AZ for my first two and the Moderna for the booster. I haven’t had the Plague!

Maybe I should add ‘yet’ to the above!
    I was told pretty much what you've just stated by a cousin of mine who spent 40 years working for big pharmaceutical companies. He headed up a large drug research and development lab in his later years including time with AZ.

He said there is nothing wrong with the AZ drug and that despite rumours on the internet, the genesis of it was in development for a long time with the tweaking being done once the disease presented itself.

Apparently, both booster jabs are used instead of a third AZ jab because they are different in how the body fights Covid not necessarily better. He said both Moderna and Pfzer pretty much doubles your chances of survival once added to the first 2 jabs and it's madness to have the first 2 then not bother with the booster. I've had the pfzer booster as has my partner and my dad and none of us had any issues at all.

It's personal choice at the end of the day and how you balance risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post

Worked a treat 😊 .
    I would wager that quite a few people have had serious reactions to the vaccines, I wouldn't at all be surprised if it has caused a few deaths in people with certain health problems, the reason why they wouldn't give my wife's friend hers. The reason they don't come with public health warnings is because everyone would say sod that. But there are side effects what they put in small print. If their are side effects then it probably isn't meant to be in your body, the same as alcohol, so I am not going to keep having something pumped into my body every time a varient comes out.

I am no expert on medical things but neither am I the type of person who trusts people I don't know just because they are experts in something. Dr Shipmans patients probably trusted him.

I have done my lateral flow test this morning and I am all clear.
    Long may it continue.

If the government decided to cull everyone infected with Covid, and sent them a letter saying they could either be burned or shot, some people would actually write back and say, could I be shot please, as long as it's somewhere local as I have difficulty travelling.
    Any chance of shooting me at the weekend only Corrie is good this week?

More Scientific facts From HK labs
    The original variants tended to attack the internal structure of the lungs, more specifically the alveoli The lung is similar to a sponge and not like a balloon. These alveoli transfer CO2 and O2 into and out of the bloodstream. These were often filled with fluid as the condition worsened leading to poor outcomes. In some ways very similar to Pneumonia. Very serious indeed for many.

The Omicron is different in that it attacks the bronchi and trachea it appears. BUT it is more than 70 times !! more prevalent than the other variants in this respect. It has been suggested this is why it is so contagious. In other words previous variants were shed when a patient coughed but now just breathing will shed the virus as its located higher in the nasal passageways and trachea.

This is actually very good news in many respects for outcomes. Whereas previously the symptoms were more like Pneumonia for some, the new strain is more like Bronchitis.

That’s no to say that Bronchitis won’t cause some patients very real and serious issues but it’s a much better outcome than Pneumonia is.

But once again it is the large numbers that are the issue. Lots of people sick at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    More Scientific facts From HK labs
    The original variants tended to attack the internal structure of the lungs, more specifically the alveoli The lung is similar to a sponge and not like a balloon. These alveoli transfer CO2 and O2 into and out of the bloodstream. These were often filled with fluid as the condition worsened leading to poor outcomes. In some ways very similar to Pneumonia. Very serious indeed for many.

The Omicron is different in that it attacks the bronchi and trachea it appears. BUT it is more than 70 times !! more prevalent than the other variants in this respect. It has been suggested this is why it is so contagious. In other words previous variants were shed when a patient coughed but now just breathing will shed the virus as its located higher in the nasal pabyssageways and trachea.

This is actually very good news in many respects for outcomes. Whereas previously the symptoms were more like Pneumonia for some, the new strain is more like Bronchitis.

That’s no to say that Bronchitis won’t cause some patients very real and serious issues but it’s a much better outcome than Pneumonia is.

But once again it is the large numbers that are the issue. Lots of people sick at the same time

But where are all the deaths? Shutting down the economy again would be a disaster in my mind with yet more companies going bust! I feel sorry for all the young kids with disrupted schooling and those who want to do better for themselves by going to uni - plus a life experience of gap years which are a no no etc etc.

If those who are worried then I get it but stay at home! The over 70's cause more issues than most - don't wear face masks properly - no social distancing etc etc. Went to the tip on Sunday and it was like a game of boules with so many oldies or chatting away and in people's way.

PS - I know absolutely loads who have had reactions to the Moderna booster.

Lets hope there's no lock down as mental health cases and suicide cases will go through the roof. I want to travel and have nice holidays like many. In fact going to the US late December - am I worried? Am I hell as rather be in a US hospital than our NHS that's for sure.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)