+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F uckin rubbish!!!!

F uckin rubbish!!!!

Absolute garbage against the worst team in the league! Nobody likes to see a player injured but oh god - let’s hope Hugill is out until Norwich recall the useless t wat!!

Don’t understand why Reach and GH were on the bench - stupid decisions!

Molumby was better than useless El Capitano in the bit he played so can’t Livermore just do one!

No quality whatsoever! Grant and Diangana are like two feathers too! Furlong gets worse every game!

Val’s done his (or our) cause no good whatsoever tonight, just when I thought he was introducing some football he serves up that load of absolute crap, I’m f*****g fuming tonight!

Doesn't VI understand that when we play the ball on the deck we are a much better side. I think that he only knows one way to play, his way and it's not pretty to watch. It's not successful either.

I think part of the issue that we keep on hoofing long balls is the following
    Our midfield lacks energy to show for the ball
    None of our front players can play with their backs to goal, in other words receive a pass, control it and either turn, or at least pass it to a team mate.
    Grant and Robinson are similar in that they want to play over the top, but don’t have blistering pace.
    When Hugill is in the team we are a man short.
    I want Mowatt to do more, demand the ball in the middle of the park and start performing like he can.
    I want Livermore out of the team Molumby or Reach in
    I want Furlong out GH in
    I want us to sign TWO proper centre forwards in January
    I want Val to give them a rocket players are in control again, where is the press? Too many mistakes, poor passing, not good enough.

Management is simple. You work with what you have. You might not have the best but you, as a manger, adapt the best strategy to what you have at your disposal and that relates to any walk of life. Unfortunately, Val does not have that foresight, he is a one trick pony and we have again failed to capitalize on an opportunity. It s so easy to blame the players, but Val is a coach is who unable to motivate and deal with what he has at his disposal and that speaks volumes and shows a huge failure in management style and nous.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggiemadguern View Post
    Management is simple. You work with what you have. You might not have the best but you, as a manger, adapt the best strategy to what you have at your disposal and that relates to any walk of life. Unfortunately, Val does not have that foresight, he is a one trick pony and we have again failed to capitalize on an opportunity. It s so easy to blame the players, but Val is a coach is who unable to motivate and deal with what he has at his disposal and that speaks volumes and shows a huge failure in management style and nous.

fair point! Even in the last seconds Val was urging the players including Johnstone up for the corner - why didn't the players have the foresight to go and do this anyway! Where's the belief!

Shocking result against the worst side in the division. I honestly think Derby will turn this team over! What must Lai be doing watching this? Surely he must be thinking with a small investment ( yes a gamble ) then if promoted the club would give him another 100 million! Is he too stupid not to see this!
    Last edited by baggieal; 18-12-2021 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    fair point! Even in the last seconds Val was urging the players including Johnstone up for the corner - why didn't the players have the foresight to go and do this anyway! Where's the belief!

Shocking result against the worst side in the division. I honestly think Derby will turn this team over! What must Lai be doing watching this? Surely he must be thinking with a small investment ( yes a gamble ) then if promoted the club would give him another 100 million! Is he too stupid not to see this!
    I have no idea for the reasoning behind Mr Lai’s lack of investment, though I did read an article, can’t remember where, that the sum of investment in players since Lai purchased the club is quite high and that the real issue is with the quality of those purchases. (I think we’d all agree about the quality of the purchases to be fair).

Not sure whether or not there is a freeze on investment outside of China put in place by the Chinese government. We may get some clarity by the end of the January transfer window. If we fail to add a decent goal scorer to the squad then automatic promotion is, in my view, most unlikely.

Returning back to our manager, I am not a fan but, I would stick with him for now as I think with someone who can score goals in the side he could get us up automatically, but time is running out. Mind you with this Corona thing about I am not sure the season will get to a finish!

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    I think part of the issue that we keep on hoofing long balls is the following
    Our midfield lacks energy to show for the ball
    None of our front players can play with their backs to goal, in other words receive a pass, control it and either turn, or at least pass it to a team mate.
    Grant and Robinson are similar in that they want to play over the top, but don’t have blistering pace.
    When Hugill is in the team we are a man short.
    I want Mowatt to do more, demand the ball in the middle of the park and start performing like he can.
    I want Livermore out of the team Molumby or Reach in
    I want Furlong out GH in
    I want us to sign TWO proper centre forwards in January
    I want Val to give them a rocket players are in control again, where is the press? Too many mistakes, poor passing, not good enough.
    I'm glad you have highlighted the contribution of Mowatt. He seems to have gone under the radar recently because of the poor efforts from our other midfielders. Early season, he looked a bright prospect but that didn't last long and for a so called playmaker, I think that he has gone missing for quite a while now. I am sure that he is capable but he needs to up his game.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    I'm glad you have highlighted the contribution of Mowatt. He seems to have gone under the radar recently because of the poor efforts from our other midfielders. Early season, he looked a bright prospect but that didn't last long and for a so called playmaker, I think that he has gone missing for quite a while now. I am sure that he is capable but he needs to up his game.
    Put your Tim hat on you can’t critisize our best player

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    Put your Tim hat on you can’t critisize our best player

Mowatt has been poor lately but he can't do everything with a pub player like Livermore next to him! Mowatt has gone down hill but so have Clarke and Furlong! Seems to me - all is not well behind the scenes!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)