+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pop ,fart and bang Exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I had a Marina for me first car.

The biggest pile of sh I t e on the planet.

A truly horrible car!
    Great at cornering though weren't they?😃 No wonder Dave P loved handbrake turns in his! Mind you, didn't the early ones use the same suspension and chassis bits as the old Moggie Minor? Seem to remember that the coupe version was supposed to compete with the Ford Capri too lol but back in the day there seemed to be a lot of Marinas about so must have sold well despite how crap they were.

The best way to improve the handling of the Marina was to put a sack of spuds in the boot!

I worked for Rover-Truimph then BL Cars back in the late 60’s through to mid 70’s and the quality control of Austin Morris cars was abysmal. Remember the Austin Allegro? Awful.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I had a Marina for me first car.

The biggest pile of sh I t e on the planet.

A truly horrible car!
    Honestly I am surprised I made it as far as my 18th birthday! Truly terrible handling, that said if you look at the coupe now the styling is pretty good, just everything else was bad!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    The best way to improve the handling of the Marina was to put a sack of spuds in the boot!

I worked for Rover-Truimph then BL Cars back in the late 60’s through to mid 70’s and the quality control of Austin Morris cars was abysmal. Remember the Austin Allegro? Awful.
    Austin Allegro! One of the most beautiful cars ever to Grace our roads-and in such stylish 70s colours too!😄 That said, the better half's first car was an old Allegro and she claimed it never let her down for years-well, not until the gearbox fell through the floor anyway.....

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post

My dad had a very early Allegro 1300 reg number LWD 175P in an orangey red colour with cream interior.

For its time it wasn’t a bad looking car, the wedge was quite futuristic at the time.

Mechanically it was awful though.

My dad was a rep for a finance company and dealt mainly with car retailers and they referred to the car as the “Austin Aggro” due to the hassle it caused them.

The Austin Maxi was a truly dismal car as was the Princess.

British Leyland was a disgrace of a company with the laziest and least talented bunch of a r s e holes throwing these vehicles together.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Haven’t we all been there tho! I remember putting twin carbs and a straight through exhaust on my Marina Coupe! Must have looked like a right twozzer but at the time o thought it was the bees knees and that girls loved a handbrake skid!
    😊🤣

A friend of mine had an Allegro and he was driving around the roundabout in Halesowen on the A456 by the cricket club and the steering wheel came off.

Didn’t they have square hub caps or was it the steering wheel that was square? They had some really classy colours for that car if I’m correct; mustard and turquoise

When they go past a group of people sitting outside a pub and open up, do they think that anyone is actually impressed and go, wow, how about that?
    Still it's no good being a numpty if you don't act like one, people would never know.

No word of a lie I upgraded the Marina for an Allegro 1750 sport! white and black with a playboy badge on the grill used to go alright as it had the maxi engine, massive under steer as I remember total opposite to the massive over steer of the marina!!!

I've modified many cars when I was young, but don't just get why anyone would fit these port fart bang pipes.
    They do nothing for perfomance and all they do is annoy everyone and pets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)