+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: New Buyer Progress

Transfer window closes soon, so the opportunity to sell and raise the funds for season survival goes.
    So, it's on the rack now.
    Sell a couple of players to be sure, or gamble the sale will be sorted.
    Wow, pressure call.

Window closed, this doesn't sit well.

BBC Sport Derby
    @BBCDerbySport
    ·
    1h
    One of the potential buyers of Derby County fears the club is heading for liquidation.

The Binnie family - who have submitted a £28m bid for the club - are getting frustrated at the lack of progress.

MoreDown pointing backhand index
    bbc.co.uk
    Concerns raised over Rams liquidation
    One of the potential buyers of stricken Championship club Derby County fears the club is heading for liquidation.

I can't help but feel deeply concerned about this now. My Winviz (or more accurately LoseViz) has moved to 90% with buyers getting jittery and the players settling our fate seemingly spinning in circles.

If we lose the mediation, even for anything but a token outlay, I suggest that scuppers any plan to settle with HMRC. If we win the mediation, the time it takes and the then probable appeal will likey cause potential buyers to lose interest.

If we do lose mediation, self regulation has to go, FFP/P&S in its current state is sunk and carnage will ensue as everyone with a minor grievance will launch legal action : including the liquidators of Derby suing QPR, Villa and the EFL citing the precedent of other clubs success in suing DCFC. It's a total farce.

Whatever the outcome, football is mired in extreme disrepute and I'm not sure how it solves this. Clubs should not be allowed to turn on each other. They should all subscribe to binding central rules and not be allowed to set upon one another, particularly when they see a weakling at the back of the herd.

I have always thought the greed of the Premier League would kill football. It now looks like the naked ambition and greed of those trying to get their snouts in the Premier League trough will kill it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I can't help but feel deeply concerned about this now. My Winviz (or more accurately LoseViz) has moved to 90% with buyers getting jittery and the players settling our fate seemingly spinning in circles.

If we lose the mediation, even for anything but a token outlay, I suggest that scuppers any plan to settle with HMRC. If we win the mediation, the time it takes and the then probable appeal will likey cause potential buyers to lose interest.

If we do lose mediation, self regulation has to go, FFP/P&S in its current state is sunk and carnage will ensue as everyone with a minor grievance will launch legal action : including the liquidators of Derby suing QPR, Villa and the EFL citing the precedent of other clubs success in suing DCFC. It's a total farce.

Whatever the outcome, football is mired in extreme disrepute and I'm not sure how it solves this. Clubs should not be allowed to turn on each other. They should all subscribe to binding central rules and not be allowed to set upon one another, particularly when they see a weakling at the back of the herd.

I have always thought the greed of the Premier League would kill football. It now looks like the naked ambition and greed of those trying to get their snouts in the Premier League trough will kill it.
    Clough warned where it was going 40 years ago. He always said Sat aft was match day and fans should be on terraces. Even he couldn't have imagined how money and greed would taint the game

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

Can't help but agree with what you ahve posted. Its puzzling that individual clubs are taking legal action against other clubs especially on such fantasy grounds.

The EFL seem especially spineless, they allow the legal action and insist its a football debt, how? Frankly the administrators should just say to Boro and Wycombe, drop your action or the club goes into liquidation and its on your own heads.

Unless the cases are dropped then liquidation seems the only option I fear.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Can't help but agree with what you ahve posted. Its puzzling that individual clubs are taking legal action against other clubs especially on such fantasy grounds.

The EFL seem especially spineless, they allow the legal action and insist its a football debt, how? Frankly the administrators should just say to Boro and Wycombe, drop your action or the club goes into liquidation and its on your own heads.

Unless the cases are dropped then liquidation seems the only option I fear.
    I am getting fed up with the EfL a bunch of weaklins
    Sad to say F em all wind it all up & I hope they are pleased with themselves
    give em nothing
    To be a member of a body that makes things up as it goes along, is it worth it
    What is the actual senorio with re forming

Interesting comment from Nixon

One for GP I think here. Hypothetically, is it possible for MM, to actually be encouraging liquidation, in order to seize control of a phoenix club?

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1489354937976950793

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Interesting comment from Nixon

One for GP I think here. Hypothetically, is it possible for MM, to actually be encouraging liquidation, in order to seize control of a phoenix club?

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1489354937976950793
    IMO, a possible thought, yes, but one with no chance of materialising as Mel would not pass the fit and proper person test.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    IMO, a possible thought, yes, but one with no chance of materialising as Mel would not pass the fit and proper person test.
    Not to mention the fact that the most unpopular person in Derbyshire seems an unlikely choice. To the best of my knowledge he can’t even live here at the moment.

That EFL statement yesterday seems to show them on the side of MFC and WWFC. They seem to be plumping for us being wrong in thinking we can use insolvency legislation to avoid insolvency.......

How dare we use insolvency legislation to get out of insolvency...

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/februa...county-update/

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)