+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dens Park

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Why not encourage the existing owners to look at new options for Dens? Deecom I think had schemes that used the max footprint of Dens but he got very little support from posters on here. I think public transport might actually be a big plus for the Dens Road site. Maybe actually look at the population who make up the local community. 5 Ways Club is it still in existence? Did the dog track ever make money? Get youths and ladies teams playing at Dens.
    Good if they would I just don't think the ladies for turning.....so to speak.

I think the only reasons the yanks are now here is the possibility of a new stadium no matter how many think it's either pie in the sky or remote chance of going ahead.

I don't think the yanks believe in any possibility of redeveloping Dens......I just look at Killie who really did redevelop and seem (from outside looking in) to be in no worse state than any other club, Motherwell who partially redeveloped and seem to be doing tickety boo

St j, Falkirk, ICT, livvy have had a bit of a mixed bag

You can't compare us to any of the big 5 but there's a few decent comparisons in there

If you ignore st j (as was so long ago) probably st m have made the best fist of moving, didn't move far though.

Patrick thistle got a bit lucky with the guy Weir but again partially redeveloped and don't look like they are in a hurry to move

This moving from Dens with not a spade in the ground is worrying.....Clyde, Hamilton, Airdrie, east Stirling all struggled when this happened.....further afield Charlton almost went completely belly up when sharing selhurst.

No sure if this is what deeranged is on about either but is there even any need to build behind the Derry, could any new stand not just be moved closer to the pitch and pitch moved closer to main stand.

4000 one tier stand length of Derry, 4000 main stand, 3k behind the goals, pick up stupid shop move it 120 yards east, swap home ends.......12,000 capacity.....heaven.

Throw in a wee bit of storage for hoses and other ****e.....happy man.😀

No meh money, though I can dream.

Thanks Deeranged. Apologies to Deecom. Don't remember a poster called Mad Boab but he did have unique ideas for Dens!
    Mad Boab wasn't his username BC, that's what he is in real life - mad as a box of mad frogs throwing about mad spanners. Honestly can't remember what his username was now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Mad Boab wasn't his username BC, that's what he is in real life - mad as a box of mad frogs throwing about mad spanners. Honestly can't remember what his username was now.
    Detox?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Detox?
    That's it Deetox

Mental

Bob Jamieson I think

Correct stay at Dens

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    You can still miss something - clearly just not interested in exploring that option.
    You will probably be aware that a Dee4life Trust Director spent a lot of his own time preparing a business case for raising funds for the buy back of Dens Park from Sandeman Properties. I understand that John Nelms reply back in 2015 was that FPS were happy to pay an annual rent at that time.
    I suspect that the introduction of the new reporting standard FRS 102 with effect from 1st June 2015 which resulted in the annual rental and the total of the future annual rental to the end of the lease for Dens Park now having to be shown in the annual accounts may have encouraged FPS to look for land to build a new stadium. Prior to FRS 102 becoming law we did not have a clue how much Dundee Football Club Limited were paying Sandeman Properties each year in rent and what was the total outstanding rent for the remainder of the lease.

Thanks Deeranged. Apologies to Deecom. Don't remember a poster called Mad Boab but he did have unique ideas for Dens!
    He was also known as Monorail Bob.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)