+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forgotten Grounds : The Imps & Millmoor, Rotherham

I remember the 5-1 cup win. Even Pete Madden scored, I believe. Couldn't have put a year to it though.

Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post
    I remember the 5-1 cup win. Even Pete Madden scored, I believe. Couldn't have put a year to it though.
    9th January 1965.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Surprised nobodies mentioned it already, but one photo of the Railway End is actually the Tiv. Regarding what it says about a new roof in 1968, it has long puzzled me that there was always a plaque on the Millmoor Lane end of the Tiv with the date 1968 on it, but I know the Tiv was covered long before that (it appears in photos from the League cup final of 1961).
    ...the Plaque might put a date on when the state of art toilets were installed.......

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    9th January 1965.
    Cheers. Reminds me just how old I am.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    ...the Plaque might put a date on when the state of art toilets were installed.......
    I often thought that in The Life of Brian "What have the Romans ever done for us?" sketch, when sanitation is mentioned a good addition to the script would have been "You wouldn't say that if you've ever been in the bogs in the Tivoli"

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I often thought that in The Life of Brian "What have the Romans ever done for us?" sketch, when sanitation is mentioned a good addition to the script would have been "You wouldn't say that if you've ever been in the bogs in the Tivoli"
    And if you were very unlucky you could be splashed by Biggus Dickus

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Nowt wrong with the bogs at the Tivoli end.....
    As long as you entered at Low Tide....

At least Archiemiller never used to piss on my brand new brogues.....
    Happy Days!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Surprised nobodies mentioned it already, but one photo of the Railway End is actually the Tiv. Regarding what it says about a new roof in 1968, it has long puzzled me that there was always a plaque on the Millmoor Lane end of the Tiv with the date 1968 on it, but I know the Tiv was covered long before that (it appears in photos from the League cup final of 1961).
    It was to commemorate the very first fan managing to escape over the opened top bogs next to the main stand. A great feat in the day when you recall how much broken glass was cemented in on the top of the wall

Bump

For MillersJ81 - A thread about the Millers & Lincoln City I posted - 28-12-2021

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    mmmm, some dodgy dates aswell, new roof on the Tivoli in 1968????....don't think so.
    Don't know when that roof was put on Avon, but it was on before 1964 for definite..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast