+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Carlisle is a footballing desert.

Carlisle is a footballing desert.

I have been fortunate to have some footballing riches in my wanderings, which includes Sheffield, Brum Stoke and Cambridge, and all that lies within.

I spent a long time in Brum with the big 4, Villa Birmingham West Brom and Wolves, and made good use of that. As well as a rich non league scene, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Alvechurch, Halesowen, Stourbridge etc. All within 30 minutes.

Cambs is the same, with clubs in the Northern league, southern league, and Isthmian league, a game is always on. 30minutes away stretches from Stowmarket and Bury Town in the east, thats Bury St Edmunds, to St Ives, Wisbech, Bedford, Peterboro Sports in the west. Kings Lynn are 22 miles away, a conference team. Other semi pro teams include Cambridge City, Soham, and Histon. I havent mentioned the Eastern counties league a step below, which is semi pro.
    Cambridge United are a disaster, but Tottenham and Arsenal are a short train ride away.

Which brings me to Carlisle. It is fair to say that Carlisle is already a footballing desert, after all, your a hairsbreath from non league. If you dont go the the Brunton Park pig pen, where can you go?

Can i have a list please.

The problem is that your stationed somewhere on a spur jutting into the Irish sea, and even Manchester teams dont want to know. It shows in the backwardness of the moderator too, after all, there isnt a que for anything, must less any suitabilty for any job.

It must be hard signing players who want to be so isolated from modern society. Carlisle must be like the place that time forgot, full of dinos.

Carlisle will become like Chester, but without hope, Chester will bounce back, with a breeze block stadium. After all you cant have a future when there isnt one, your board has said that.

I am not a monster. I can have pity, sometimes. I shall express it with emotion,,,,there i feel pity.....and not anything else. Where is your nearest decent non league club, is it Carlton or Heanor?

And with your sinking, so shall this board sink, hopeless as it is. You need an extrovert as mod. So, lets be jolly, lets enjoy your demise, id like a four piece orchestra like the Titanic, as you slip into non league and beyond. Maybe with dancing girls.

Youve had your day in the sun, brief as it was, now a nuclear winter is coming.

As a person known for his quick wit and repartee I have no probem in telling you to b ugger off

It's s­hite all day every day in The Lake District. I advise everyone in the most densely populated parts of the c­untery to all stay where they are and leave us to our hovels ("Hovel, you were lucky"), our racing pigeons and tripe.

Frank, can I ask you who you are on the Cambridge “unofficial forum”? You must go on there, surely?

Are you still here?

Of course. I see you’re stuck for an answer.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)