+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Weekend

Big Weekend

After Sundays warm up game this weeken is a real biggie with 1st v 2nd and 3rd v 4th the next day. A win for us would be incredible, especially if the other game is drawn, but even a draw for us would be acceptable.

I'm feeling confident for Friday night. Be more or less same side that started 2nd half Sunday. If we get on top of our game don't fear no one in this league especially playing at home.

You have to think we will play better than on Sunday which should give us a great chance.A draw would be fine but a win really would put us on the 'home straight' towards promotion ,not because we have taken 3 points off Wigan, but it will be another weekend where teams from 3rd to 6th will drop points again.What ever happens on Friday,ourselves and Wigan will still be massive favourites to occupy the top 2 positions at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    I'm feeling confident for Friday night. Be more or less same side that started 2nd half Sunday. If we get on top of our game don't fear no one in this league especially playing at home.
    Changed your mind about Warney's Boys then? 😉

Until we lose.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Changed your mind about Warney's Boys then? 😉

Got to take advantage of league we're in now reserve judgement on Warney boys till next season in the championship.

You need to judge Tony Stewart next season with how much money he has free up for players transfers etc.

Old gru - Mr Hindsight he’s even got Woody in his team now

Met Office has an amber warning for wind for Friday.

40 mph wind at the time of the match, 60 mph 12-3pm.

I'm wondering if it will be on.

I wasn’t overly impressed with Wigan last night but then again they wouldn’t have been overly impressed with us on Sunday. Their key men appeared to be Max Power and James McClean. Keep them quiet and we also keep Will Keane quiet too. On our day we are match for any team in this league and half the teams in the Championship. I’m looking forward to this one with an atmosphere to match the occasion. Let’s get the New York rocking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast