+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ratings v Wrexham

Ratings v Wrexham

Patterson - Good to have him back. Thought he could’ve done better for the 1st goal but was faultless for the rest of the match. Great penalty save - 7.5

Brindley - His usual composed self - 7

Lacey - Had his hands full with Mullin (who looks a real player). Kept to his task well - 7

Cameron - Great captains display. So important to us - 8

Chicksen - Not a natural full back but he is so classy. Got an assist as well 7.5

Richardson - What a difference he has made. A constant threat going forwards and getting better each game, well deserved goal - 8

Francis - Had a difficult start at Notts but yesterday showed what a player he could turn out to be. Composed, good passing range, continuously popped up in the right areas. There was pressure on him to perform and he did - 7

Vincent - A bit of a scattered performance but his running and energy was immense. I don’t think he receives the ball too well but he is always looking to get forward and join attacks, a dangerous and important player for us now - 7

Palmer - Quite simply MOTM every week whether he is chosen by the sponsors or not. No longer have to point out what he does for us, I was relieved he wasn’t one who had covid - 8

Wootton - One of his best displays for us I think. Dreaded seeing him step up for the penalty with his past record but put it away nicely. Looks like he’s lost a bit of weight too actually and looked better for it. Linked up play beautifully and kept cajoling and encouraging the team - 8

Mitchell - Should have had a goal against his name for the handball but he was was barely involved other than that. He just never seems to be ‘there’. Replaced for a concussion at half time for the enigma himself, Eli Sam - 6.5

Sam - Like I said, an enigma. Missed two good opportunities to score and got himself an early booking…BUT…there was something there yesterday we hadn’t seen too often. Some lovely touches and control, good movement and a sign that he does know how to use his physicality. Can we yet get a tune from him? What plus that would be - 6.5

A massive win yesterday but we must remember it was against ten men for 80 minutes. Who knows how it would’ve panned out otherwise. We did, however, control the game and spread the play ever so well, and we all know that playing against ten men isn’t always as easy as it sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post

Brindley - His usual composed self - 7
    Welll done in the circumstances and condolences - taken from his Twitter:

Strong start to 2022 with a BIG 3 points amazing support again @Official_NCFC
    — losing my Nan last night was a difficult one to take but that rainbow was you shining down upon us.

Fly high

I just sat down to write some ratings but I must say that yours are spot on!

Some additional points:

* Patterson's distribution was fantastic. He is very sure footed meaning that opposing forwards quickly work out that harassing him by pressing aggressively is a waste of energy, hence there is a calm platform for us to build out our sheckshy football from the back. A huge signing for us for as long as we can keep him

* Our midfield unit was excellent, Francis is hopefully coming into coming into form. If these 3 continue to play well then I am hopeful of getting close to the top of this league

* Re Sam I totally agree. Some of his touches and movement were outstanding. I recall getting excited about his highlight reel when we signed him where he came across as a very skilled left sided attacker, but certainly not a target man.

Additional marks:

IB before, during and after the match 9
    Referee and linesmen 9

Patterson- Fantastic penalty save and altogether assured with the ball at his feet
    Couldn't do much about the goal - 8

Brindley - Solid performance, good distribution with the ball and reads the game really well - 8

Lacey - Steady game again. Kept Mullins quiet for the most of the game 7.5

Cameron- He is turning out to be a Great signing. I wasn't sure at first but he is has proved to be one of our most important players. Great defensively and going forward - 8

Richardson - We need to try and keep hold of him for as long as possible. Brilliant at both going backwards and forwards. A constant threat and levels above national league - 9

Chicksen- Came into the team and picked up where he left off. Great distribution and defensively sound. contributed to two goals - 8

Palmer - Same as every week, Just too good for this league. First name on the team sheet - 9

Francis - My MOTM, i've been critical of him mainly because comparisons to Palmer but had the best game so far in a Notts shirt. Great range of passing, always available and defended well - 9.1

Vincent- So much energy, runs himself into the ground every game. Sometimes his first touch puts him in trouble but overall good performance - 8

Mitchell - Looks a decent player but not sure he works with our system of play but needs more time i think - 7

Wootton - Another two goals and another great performance. Defenders just cannot get to grips with him. There is not better striker on this league - 9

Sam - Missed two sitters but looks amazing with the ball at his feet. Created many openings with some great skill. Great pace but not great in the air for a 6ft 7 guy. Still think he can do a job for Notts -7.5

Overall good performance against a good Wrexham side. Even with 10 men they looked dangerous but Notts we're just too good for them
    Their fans forum seem to have been watching another game saying Notts aren't all that good and Wrexham we're better team. We could of had 8 and that's no exaggeration. Would have been an interesting game 11v11 but still think we would of had too much for them

Quote Originally Posted by wiseoldmagpie View Post
    * Our midfield unit was excellent, Francis is hopefully coming into coming into form. If these 3 continue to play well then I am hopeful of getting close to the top of this league

Glad to hear Francis stepped up and performed. Gives us much better competition in midfield, and the chance for some different options.

Did Francis drop into the deeper role yesterday, or did Palmer stay there? ta

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySeaDog View Post
    Glad to hear Francis stepped up and performed. Gives us much better competition in midfield, and the chance for some different options.

Did Francis drop into the deeper role yesterday, or did Palmer stay there? ta
    I would say they swapped through out the game but more so Francis was playing the deeper role

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowpie View Post
    I would say they swapped through out the game but more so Francis was playing the deeper role
    Thanks Rainbow

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowpie View Post
    Patterson- Fantastic penalty save and altogether assured with the ball at his feet
    Couldn't do much about the goal - 8

Brindley - Solid performance, good distribution with the ball and reads the game really well - 8

Lacey - Steady game again. Kept Mullins quiet for the most of the game 7.5

Cameron- He is turning out to be a Great signing. I wasn't sure at first but he is has proved to be one of our most important players. Great defensively and going forward - 8

Richardson - We need to try and keep hold of him for as long as possible. Brilliant at both going backwards and forwards. A constant threat and levels above national league - 9

Chicksen- Came into the team and picked up where he left off. Great distribution and defensively sound. contributed to two goals - 8

Palmer - Same as every week, Just too good for this league. First name on the team sheet - 9

Francis - My MOTM, i've been critical of him mainly because comparisons to Palmer but had the best game so far in a Notts shirt. Great range of passing, always available and defended well - 9.1

Vincent- So much energy, runs himself into the ground every game. Sometimes his first touch puts him in trouble but overall good performance - 8

Mitchell - Looks a decent player but not sure he works with our system of play but needs more time i think - 7

Wootton - Another two goals and another great performance. Defenders just cannot get to grips with him. There is not better striker on this league - 9

Sam - Missed two sitters but looks amazing with the ball at his feet. Created many openings with some great skill. Great pace but not great in the air for a 6ft 7 guy. Still think he can do a job for Notts -7.5

Overall good performance against a good Wrexham side. Even with 10 men they looked dangerous but Notts we're just too good for them
    Their fans forum seem to have been watching another game saying Notts aren't all that good and Wrexham we're better team. We could of had 8 and that's no exaggeration. Would have been an interesting game 11v11 but still think we would of had too much for them
    That's the closest summary to mine....Cheers Rainbow,saved me an age typing that out!
    Francis MoM for me....he was everywhere and I can't recall a missed pass or backing out of a challenge!
    Chicksen & Brindley seemed to drive more forward with the ball yesterday which opened up more space and Brinds' block in the penalty box near the end was heroic!
    Cameron looked more progressive and must panic defenders when he's bearing down on them and Richardson looks to find more space than your average non-league player....imagine what havoc he could create if we used him more?
    A special mention for IB in trusting all the 'fringe' players in what was a cracking performance!
    COYP

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Chicksen - Not a natural full back but he is so classy. Got an assist as well 7.5
    As far as I'm aware, the majority of Chicksen's career has been spent as a full-back. He's listed as a left-back on his Wikipedia profile, so playing as a wing-back yesterday he was closer to his natural role than when he plays as a third centre-half. I know what you mean though, he's so versatile that it's difficult to see the difference.

Chicksen is a great player to have around, does a solid job in three positions, never complains when he’s out of the team. His treatment under Ardley looks increasingly bizarre, looking back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast