+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our greatest ever cup result and performance ?

Our greatest ever cup result and performance ?

Well it won't be on Saturday that's for sure .

Got to be the quarter final home tie against Chelsea in 2008 for me .

The reason is which separates it from some other significant wins in 98 is the fact we took on a star studded Chelsea team whilst in the bottom 3 in the championship and fully deserved our win .

Yes animal I concur, Chelsea result was deserved massive stage live on tv and for once we didn’t fluff our lines. Couple of others spring to mind thrashing West Ham in 4th round on a sunny Sunday afternoon, Man Utd 3-2 98 after been robbed at old Trafford, the Tottenham replay in r4, absolutely leathering them in 2nd half, Jesus halcyon days indeed

Netherfield away 1964 won 3-1 , when FA Cup ment summat ,

Beating Chelsea fo me too. Tactics spot on, work rate phenomenal, strength and unity displayed and we wo deserved winners over 90 mins. What an evening that was. Atmosphere wo electric, especially in the latter part of game when the whole ground stood and helped get our boys over the line for what was an agonising last 10 mins

I thought coming from behind with a goalkeeper drafted in at the last minute & winning at Liverpool just edges the Chelsea result for me, although I will take the memory of both matches to the grave , both absolutely outstanding performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I thought coming from behind with a goalkeeper drafted in at the last minute & winning at Liverpool just edges the Chelsea result for me, although I will take the memory of both matches to the grave , both absolutely outstanding performances.
    Absolutely Shadrack. Anfield was the better result imo but we proper rode our luck and Steele had the game of his career. The better performance was Chelsea fo me.

Chelsea for me as well, but the 2 Anfield results run a close 2nd and 3rd.
    I’d say 2nd the 80’s 0-0 league cup draw on a rotten foggy night when Liverpool who were European champions I believe who put out Dalglish & Souness et al and scraped a draw and 3rd the Brian Howard visit.

Kayode and big Stan caused Terry and Carvalho absolute nightmares .

I read an article last season prior to our 5th round tie against Chelsea and John Terry said it was physically the worst beating he ever took , I was absolutely bullied by those two.

Bobby Hassell played a defensive midfield role that night and in my opinion it was his best ever display in a red shirt .

Those last 10 minutes were like torture as Pass alluded to , I could hardly watch with Chelsea laying siege to our goal but for all that they didn't create too much clear cut in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Netherfield away 1964 won 3-1 , when FA Cup ment summat ,
    A wo theear mi owd.

Could wella been on same charrabang up to Kendal---- ten hour rarnd trip.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    A wo theear mi owd.

Could wella been on same charrabang up to Kendal---- ten hour rarnd trip.
    worrit thee wi altsnap ? Adda pottud meyt sarnie n sum rileys crisps, ad ettnum befoor wi got theer , reyt supporter's back then !!
    Last edited by Romared; 05-01-2022 at 10:35 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast