+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v Huddersfield FA Cup 3rd Round Match Preview

All I’m saying is that we’re better off out of this competition. The last thing we need is extra games when we have enough to deal with as it is. Yes you are entitled to your opinion and I respect the views you have. At the end of April if we stay up you won’t even think about today’s result. I’m just being practical. If I lived a bit closer than 225 miles away I’d be going on the Turf just like you. Keep behind the team, there’s a long way to go, and everyone knows what the priority is.

Malwayne, I appreciate that. I get frustrated when I spend my hard earned money to follow my club and have to watch that rubbish from so called footballers on 40k a week!! It's pathetic, week in week out. I will stick with my club but it does ruin my weekend. I hope we do get to april and finish 4th from bottom, I will be happy but I cannot help to be doom and gloom, apologies everyone!

I haven't been on turf for 10years now,but it still ruins my weekend when we lose..My wife will confirm that. 😁

Because we are in a relegation battle, the result will obviously add to the miserable season we are having. In some ways I am thankful I don’t have to watch that kind of performance week in week out. I sympathise with those who make a big effort to get there and have to tolerate what’s being dished out. It’s not the Burnley way, as we know it. Whether it will change, remains to be seen. Certainly not over the next 4 games it won’t. Beyond that, who knows.We , as fans, do not want to be dragged lower than where we are now. Physically and mentally. The biggest of Burnley egos is taking a right hammering at the moment, and we gave to look the part on the pitch, as well as in the dressing room.

Huddersfield made 8 changes today from the team that played *******s, I find that very embarrassing. I dont think we could even make 8 changes if we wanted too.

So we where beaten by a mediocre Championship team fielding their B team

If Pace and Dyche have a relegation plan.. well this showing has pissed all over a easy bounce hasn't it.

This season, last season... doesn't matter about commitment, desire, ground covered, assists, chances created... we need to learn how to put the ball in the net, as our 4x strikers cant do it.. need goals to win games in the Prem, Champ, league 1 doesn't matter... need to have players that can score.. not miss 10 good chances a game, 10 corners produce nothing a game, 10 half chances lost etc etc

As far as the EPL is concerned, I've stated before we are f*cked. End of.

Let's see what the Championship brings.

not concerned with the score - but saddened it's come to the point where even though we looked like we didn't give a t@ss about winning the game....it seems there was little to separate it from our regular standard.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    The result sort of sums up our season, that was a reasonably strong Burnley side and we get beat at home by a Championship contender. It doesn't look good.
    No we got beat by a Championship contender´s B team when we put out a strong team....reality sinking in.

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    Huddersfield made 8 changes today from the team that played *******s, I find that very embarrassing. I dont think we could even make 8 changes if we wanted too.

So we where beaten by a mediocre Championship team fielding their B team

If Pace and Dyche have a relegation plan.. well this showing has pissed all over a easy bounce hasn't it.

This season, last season... doesn't matter about commitment, desire, ground covered, assists, chances created... we need to learn how to put the ball in the net, as our 4x strikers cant do it.. need goals to win games in the Prem, Champ, league 1 doesn't matter... need to have players that can score.. not miss 10 good chances a game, 10 corners produce nothing a game, 10 half chances lost etc etc
    It’s true Darkness - the worrying bit for me was the lad who came on right wing second half I’m told was a free transfer from boreham wood - we have JBG whom contributes nothing imo anyway and they have a free with pace a good touch work ethic and great delivery - are we just unlucky or do we not even look at players like that. ( I mean he’s the sort of player we’d love isn’t he FREE).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)