+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Patterson recalled again!

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    C'mon Sam - a couple of clean sheets and it's a competition for the shirt again
    Not though is it, we will put Patterson straight back in. I do really feel for Slocombe, he’s been a top keeper for us since he came to the club, yes a couple of bad moments this season but he’s still a very good keeper at this level. I think it’s very harsh some of the comments on social media regarding/ dismissing him now, but that’s football and especially social media.

This is the problem with loan signings,

It's a helpful system but it's also not !!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Oh dear. Have you been a supporter of Notts long?
    Sidders! - The glass ‘half empty man’

Your people-management skills need brushing up old chap!
    Last edited by BanjoPie; 07-01-2022 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Not though is it, we will put Patterson straight back in. I do really feel for Slocombe, he’s been a top keeper for us since he came to the club, yes a couple of bad moments this season but he’s still a very good keeper at this level. I think it’s very harsh some of the comments on social media regarding/ dismissing him now, but that’s football and especially social media.
    That's football though isn't it. If the club gets a better player, they play.

Otherwise we would never sign anyone.

Fk it, let's not bother with promotion cause Slocombe's been hard done by dropping clangers

Lets be positive. Best run of games we could lose him for, also a great run of games for Slocombe to get some confidence.
    Last edited by bule1; 07-01-2022 at 06:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    That's football though isn't it. If the club gets a better player, they play.

Otherwise we would never sign anyone.
    Totally agree, tough on keepers though isn’t it as they can’t come on as a sub to prove themselves or play another position and especially tough when people are rejoicing on social media about their replacement, he’s not exactly been a poor player for us.

Totally agree, tough on keepers though isn’t it as they can’t come on as a sub to prove themselves or play another position and especially tough when people are rejoicing on social media about their replacement, he’s not exactly been a poor player for us.
    None so fickle as Notts supporters

It is always tough for keepers. They might spend a whole season on the bench with little chance of coming on.
    That's what it is though.

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Lets be positive. Best run of games we could lose him for, also a great run of games for Slocombe to get some confidence.
    Well put. For me Patterson would be an automatic first choice, but Slocombe is a pretty good second choice. Even if we had to throw Tiernan Brooks in at the deep end I would still be optimistic of six points from the next two games.

If we want to have hopes of the automatic place, anything but a win at either Dover or King's Lynn would be a poor result.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast