+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Dover Postponed

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Parmenter and Cleeve, I’d put both in the same bucket of not giving anything they say any credit at all. I’d like to hear Burch’s view on whether the pitch was playable and whether the ref got it right or wrong. For me this totally looks like Dover are at fault for not getting an earlier pitch inspection and Parmenter is just trying to deflect the blame.
    Yes, think the blame probably lies with the club. Any doubts at all about the state of the pitch, and they should have contacted the ref in the morning, and agreed with him that they could get a local official in to do an early inspection.

We know all about Dover Athletic FC and their behaviour from previous seasons; refusing to use the club's lawnmower in a blatant attempt to slow down our slick stylish passing on the deck.

Today's disgraceful shenanigans should be disappointing but not surprising to anyone.

Even in their pre-match prediction thread which began yesterday, Dover fans were predicting the game would be off because their pitch is awful, and their incredulity only grows when they see the comments being made by the club this morning:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/dove...91ee54b86e8d96

That video of the Dover chairman reeks of someone trying to deflect blame and cover his own back side.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Just been called off by ref as he arrived at the ground. Confirmed on Notts tw@tter. Ridiculously late postponement once again. Feel for our fans that travelled.
    The National League is a professional league, yet for the second time in as many weeks a member club has demonstrated unprofessionalism, disrespect and poor communication towards the fans and club they are hosting.

The National League must insist on better procedures going forwards or it only serves to bring the leagues integrity as a professional league into question.

It’s no shock to anyone that it can rain persistently over a day or more in England in winter (and any other time of year for that matter) and as such foresight and common sense must prevail and local referees be brought in to assess pitches first thing in the morning on the day of the game or the evening before should there be any doubt.

Let’s be clear there can be unpredictable bursts of weather such as deluges of rain, fog or snow, just before or during a game, but when it’s raining persistently and forecast more it’s really poor for the match referee to turn up and have to say no football on here today.

It’s all well and good these clubs blaming the referees who say it’s not playable when they turn up, but where are the groundsmen in all of this or rain covers?

Dover and Kings Lynn are a shambles and I feel for those poor loyal fans who’s day or even weekend has been wasted, and they have had significant financial outlay for the second time in as many weeks for some. It makes me angry on their behalf.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 08-01-2022 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    they have had significant financial outlay for the second time in as many weeks for some
    Yeah, it's money burnt in petrol tanks and unwanted emissions, significant funds that the fans would gladly pass on to clubs in tickets, bars, food, programs, club shops etc....it's money that the fans or clubs will never get back. Looking at it this way might spur the NL into upping its game

Unfortunately the NL would spend more time having meetings about a possible meeting to discuss a meeting on this before coming to the conclusion that everything is ok as it stands.

Quote Originally Posted by chedozie View Post
    Unfortunately the NL would spend more time having meetings about a possible meeting to discuss a meeting on this before coming to the conclusion that everything is ok as it stands.
    This may appear to be a cynical quote, but is probably very close to the truth. The National League management is a shambles and does nothing to enhance the reputation of English football.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    The National League is a professional league, yet for the second time in as many weeks a member club has demonstrated unprofessionalism, disrespect and poor communication towards the fans and club they are hosting.

The National League must insist on better procedures going forwards or it only serves to bring the leagues integrity as a professional league into question.

It’s no shock to anyone that it can rain persistently over a day or more in England in winter (and any other time of year for that matter) and as such foresight and common sense must prevail and local referees be brought in to assess pitches first thing in the morning on the day of the game or the evening before should there be any doubt.

Let’s be clear there can be unpredictable bursts of weather such as deluges of rain, fog or snow, just before or during a game, but when it’s raining persistently and forecast more it’s really poor for the match referee to turn up and have to say no football on here today.

It’s all well and good these clubs blaming the referees who say it’s not playable when they turn up, but where are the groundsmen in all of this or rain covers?

Dover and Kings Lynn are a shambles and I feel for those poor loyal fans who’s day or even weekend has been wasted, and they have had significant financial outlay for the second time in as many weeks for some. It makes me angry on their behalf.
    Unfortunately it is not a professional league. It consists of part and full time players, A few teams playing on decent pitches, but most playing on surfaces no better than your local park. The league is run by a bunch of idiots dressed in clown suits and big shoes, also being paid good money for the privilege...

I fully accept that the weather is difficult to predict, but after watching the interview with the Dover chairman and reading the statement from Notts, I can only conclude that Dover are guilty of gross negligence. They blame the ref, we blame them.

Without any bias, I'm 100% sure we got it right.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast