+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A complete disgrace

A complete disgrace

Well I am not sure how to describe this game. No cohesion, unable to pass to each other. The only thing we could do was to keep hitting satellites. I thought we had put up a team to win so how wrong was I. If this is what to expect for the rest of the season then we will not win another game. However, what I dont get is we pay good money for players and do not select them but get players more than past there sell by date and play them. How doe that make logic??? Stevens, Rodriguis and Lennon should be kicked out immediately followed by quite a number of others.

Even though a lot of players are past their sell by date we know they can play better and should have seen off this Huddersfield side. It appears the players have lost interest in playing for Dyche, has he lost the dressing room? It can't be a happy place with Tarks wanting out and other players not being played when they think they should be..

We do seem to be on a very rapid downward spiral and it seems to me its definitely a full on sulk by all the players over something that's gone on..No effort,no geeing each other up when conceding Etc. Etc. Dyche needs to have a clear the air meeting with the players to find out what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    We do seem to be on a very rapid downward spiral and it seems to me its definitely a full on sulk by all the players over something that's gone on..No effort,no geeing each other up when conceding Etc. Etc. Dyche needs to have a clear the air meeting with the players to find out what's going on.
    Would image at least 6 players have said for the last 2 seasons they would like to move on and progress.
    Chickens have come home to roost as these players are now stirring down a relegation barrel. Heading to the championship.. prob pissed off and fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Even though a lot of players are past their sell by date we know they can play better and should have seen off this Huddersfield side. It appears the players have lost interest in playing for Dyche, has he lost the dressing room? It can't be a happy place with Tarks wanting out and other players not being played when they think they should be..
    Funny you should mention that Chris because it was a rubbish gate you could hear more from the players and what was being said , the longer the game went on some of it was quite interesting between Pope , Lowton and Tarky , Lowton particularly at Pope ( deservedly was gash ) but Lowton imo anyway was shocking

Sad to hear that army, sounds like their heart has gone.

The fans who take the trouble to spend their hard earned cash really do deserve better.

This is most alarming, I can recall some pundit talking about Burnley a few years ago saying, 'One thing you can guarantee about Burnley under Sean Dyche, they always turn up'. I didn't see the game, I can't even bring myself to watch the highlights, but if the players can't be arsed to put a shift in anymore, then we're well and truly fecked.

And although I'm Sean's biggest fan, fish rot from the head, if he can't motivate the players any more, we need a new manager, someone who can.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    This is most alarming, I can recall some pundit talking about Burnley a few years ago saying, 'One thing you can guarantee about Burnley under Sean Dyche, they always turn up'. I didn't see the game, I can't even bring myself to watch the highlights, but if the players can't be arsed to put a shift in anymore, then we're well and truly fecked.

And although I'm Sean's biggest fan, fish rot from the head, if he can't motivate the players any more, we need a new manager, someone who can.
    I am assuming that as actual players they are fans of football as a game, most probably been kicking a ball around since they were four. They must understand the game and how it should be played or at least how players should compete.

They should be sat down today and made to watch the full 90 minutes and told to give each Burnley player a score out of ten. Once they start to see 4's and 5's it might be the slap in the chops that they all need.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    I am assuming that as actual players they are fans of football as a game, most probably been kicking a ball around since they were four. They must understand the game and how it should be played or at least how players should compete.

They should be sat down today and made to watch the full 90 minutes and told to give each Burnley player a score out of ten. Once they start to see 4's and 5's it might be the slap in the chops that they all need.
    It's the one thing that has always surprised me C_M, the majority of professional footballers I have come across really are as thick as mince.

Paul Cook, Steve Kindon and Robbie Blake being very notable exceptions.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)