+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Absolute embarrassment

Absolute embarrassment

That was just shocking the players need to take a fu(king look at themselves and some serious words need to be had in that dressing room.
    The season we've had in the league so far and getting knocked out the other cup at the first hurdle 1 win all season and we have a chance to get a big win and a bit of confidence and we get that absolute shower of sh1te.

Embarrassment is the correct word.If that shower of cr@p doesn't show that we need a complete overhaul then nothing will. There is absolutely no quality in that team nor passion.To use the word again, they are an embarrassment to the shirt.

it was pathetic but id gladly lose today and beat watford on saturday

I'd like an explanation from Howe as to why Gayle wasn't in the squad. AT ALL.

As bad as Gayle might have been, he wouldn't have played worse than Willock. ASM was lost up front and just ridiculous shimmying around. His is no centre forward, Eddie!! Wasn't impressed at all.

Can anyone explain what Shelvey did of note today. Almiron might has well have stayed on the fucking bench. Schar was shit. Dubravka got injured during the goal but I'm not sure of his goalkeeping before it. I'll excuse Trippier but he must be wondering why he left Atletico for this hot mess.

Ritchie should be fined for a performance that bad. Taxi (charged to Rafa) for Longstaff. Fraser huffed and puffed but just looked off.

The only one coming out of that with any credit is Joelinton (who was NOT great) and Murphy who was so wasteful.

Urgghhhh.
    --

I hope Amanda my Love gets fed up with the shower she has just witnessed, blows some serious money and gets her lawyers to sue our way out of FFP.
    Last edited by trinitoon; 08-01-2022 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Agreed but today's abject performance (yet again) hardly gives them confidence to do so !

Completely agree with that about Gayle not only in the squad but if fit he should of been starting. You should never play games without a striker in my opinion especially when you have a huge lack of talent anyway as we do. Maybe there using him as part of a deal I don't know but he should of been playing.

I wonder what potential transfer targets are thinking after watching that.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Yo.... He is going to play much of the SAME TEAM - just scrambled around a bit - against Watford on Saturday.

I hope he's learned that he should be playing a real LB at LB, with a real striker (no matter how bad) up front and ASM out on the left wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    Completely agree with that about Gayle not only in the squad but if fit he should of been starting. You should never play games without a striker in my opinion especially when you have a huge lack of talent anyway as we do. Maybe there using him as part of a deal I don't know but he should of been playing.
    I agree with this as well as him possibly being sold this window. 1) At least we would have had a striker on the field. 2) He should have been on display to at least show prospective buyers what he can do.

Unless there's a massive rabbit off, I'm guessing Gayle is injured or unwell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)