+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tide turning against Dyche

I haven't seen today's game but may I remind all the doommongers that we are two points behind Watford with games in hand. We will not be relegated. Anybody who thinks we will does not deserve to be called a 'fan' of Burnley FC

Quote Originally Posted by chastenor View Post
    I haven't seen today's game but may I remind all the doommongers that we are two points behind Watford with games in hand. We will not be relegated. Anybody who thinks we will does not deserve to be called a 'fan' of Burnley FC
    How's the transfer window going Chasty, have we signed anyone yet ? Just asking like.

I think the majority of Burnley fans will be expecting relegation now but they won't be wishing for it and they'll still be fans, they're just being realistic. What do the bookies say? You should join our prediction league chast, you could keep BT company and like him I admire your optimism.

Wow , chaste or I think that’s a bit off - none of us want to say what we are but you can only say what you see.

We’re all Burnley fans and want the best for us
    Sadly games in hand aren’t points on the board and our current run is the worst in the league.

I really hope your right and we’re all wrong - I’ll still be a season ticket holder even though you have me down as non Fan.

We all want us to stay up Chastenor but 1 win in 20 PL matches means games in hand mean nothing.You cannot win games in hand if your four available strikers are firing blanks and the once reliable defence is making mistakes and leaking goals.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Wow , chaste or I think that’s a bit off - none of us want to say what we are but you can only say what you see.

We’re all Burnley fans and want the best for us
    Sadly games in hand aren’t points on the board and our current run is the worst in the league.

I really hope your right and we’re all wrong - I’ll still be a season ticket holder even though you have me down as non Fan.
    It's a bit ironic isn't it army, someone who wasn't there telling someone who was, and has sat through a season of utter dross, that they're not a 'proper' fan.

Optimist or pessimist?

Glass half full or glass half empty?

The reality is we need somewhere around another 25 points to stay up.

No point discussing that possibility anymore - we are f*cked. End of.

Everyone who contributes on these blogs cares about BFC. Burnley folk are, by nature, realists. Whilst many of us dream of the return to the supremacy of the late 1950’s and 1960’s, we know that will not happen. Bob Lord predicted the end of small club success back in the 60’s when wage caps were removed.

Unless real wealth comes in we will never be able to compete with the big boys. It is a tragedy that a small club with little was taken by Garlick and left with even less. It is a miracle that BFC has managed to stay in the PL for so long. The objective of being an “established PL team” could only be achieved with investment on the pitch. Money that could have been used has been squandered on age and experience, rather than talent, with the exception of Cornet. I have not done the research, but I am guessing that there is hardly any other team in the top two divisions that is still fielding the same players as three years ago. Yet any one on here can recite the team before it is announced, absent undeclared injury.

Which players have “progressed” under Dyche et al? I can’t think of a single one.

That is Burnley realism from a fan of 60 years. My loyalty is to BFC, not Pace, Dyche, the team members. If the latter are not interested in BFC, they can leave or be sold. I would rather see 11 players, or rather 11 Joey Barton’s, who are committed to the cause and show that in every match, win or lose. Anyone pocketing £40k per week plus but can’t be arsed knows where the exit door is located.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    That is Burnley realism from a fan of 60 years. My loyalty is to BFC, not Pace, Dyche, the team members. If the latter are not interested in BFC, they can leave or be sold. I would rather see 11 players, or rather 11 Joey Barton’s, who are committed to the cause and show that in every match, win or lose. Anyone pocketing £40k per week plus but can’t be arsed knows where the exit door is located.
    Exactement!

Watching Cornet play for Burnley Football Club assuages my general doom & gloom a little bit...

Attachment 20713

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)