+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tide turning against Dyche

Tide turning against Dyche

Just watched the so-called "highlights" of todays game and the only significant thing I noticed were the boos at the final whistle.
    Even when we were on bad runs in the past the fans could see the effort from the team and stood by them.That is over now.We are seeing a team in that no longer believes in itself.We have a manager who has lost the plot.We have owners who are skint.The writing is on the wall when a Championship B team beat a PL strong team.
    We are on a downward spiral and I honestly believe it will not end in the Championship.You cannot take £50-60m out of a club like BFC that was run on a shoestring and not expect repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Just watched the so-called "highlights" of todays game and the only significant thing I noticed were the boos at the final whistle.
    Even when we were on bad runs in the past the fans could see the effort from the team and stood by them.That is over now.We are seeing a team in that no longer believes in itself.We have a manager who has lost the plot.We have owners who are skint.The writing is on the wall when a Championship B team beat a PL strong team.
    We are on a downward spiral and I honestly believe it will not end in the Championship.You cannot take £50-60m out of a club like BFC that was run on a shoestring and not expect repercussions.
    Thanks for the positive message.Feel 100’/. better for reading it. You may be correct in your assumption, and are probably echoing the thoughts of all Clarets on her( or most of them) ; but reading all this negative talk is getting monotonous. Wait till the first week of May to see if you are spot on with your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Thanks for the positive message.Feel 100’/. better for reading it. You may be correct in your assumption, and are probably echoing the thoughts of all Clarets on her( or most of them) ; but reading all this negative talk is getting monotonous. Wait till the first week of May to see if you are spot on with your comments.
    Don’t shoot the messenger Mal , it’s gone on too long this charade , we have been led a merry dance.
    I accept your sentiments and understand why your saying them and in a way your right to a point but we’re in a real rut and I honestly believe the moment has passed - posted on a few threads that we looked lost people not doing jobs , not going with runners , weak challenges , letting players go beyond us and score without a challenge.

I think he’s right in what he says though ( the truth hurts I know ).

It’s sad because I and many more probably your self included didn’t want it to come to this for Dyche as he done so much for Burnley, however it’s going to go sour and it will end badly.

To me there are two ways for this to go - we stick with Dyche and carry on and hope, or get rid and let someone else have a go - thing about Burnley folk is over the years we’ve been spoilt - my dads 86 and has been going best part of 60 plus years and even he said today as we drove home it’s got to change, the football and the team isn’t good enough, that is rare indeed - and i definitely know now it has to change.

How long can we wait ?

Do Not Forget the culprit who shares a massive part of the guilt for this ancient team we now have of old men and journeymen who are clearlynot good enough. Who are I on about well that would be GARLICK. Starved us of investment; then sold out to owners that are now in too deep with a structuring of a team that seriously needs 10 or more players replacing PDQ. Never going to happen so we take the consequences as we bow out a deserving bad team. Garlick has made his money and that's that. Even in the Championship we are going to need to bring in a hell of a lot of new younger blood to stay in what is a very tough division. For me I feel this season is now done as we have consider the next move. If Dyche is not the manger, then who folks??
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 08-01-2022 at 08:26 PM.

I think that over this weekend Mr Pace has a lot of reflecting to do with regards of what he wants for Burnley Football Club. He needs to decide if the club wants to try and salvage this season or if they are to accept that relegation is practically assured if we carry on as at present.

If we are to salvage anything from this season then it will need some changes in both personnel and ambition. The Sean Dyche era has been good with regards to keeping our status in the premier league on a very low budget and for that he deserves massive credit. Unfortunately during Sean Dyche's tenure we have had to endure some dire football performances. During the first half of this season the manager has made some rather strange team selections and substitutions especially playing players out of their natural positions, while having players available who are never given a real chance.

If the club are considering Sean Dyche position as manager, they need to make their minds up very quickly so a new manager can bring in players that would play to his tactics and the transfer window is ticking on.

in either case any player who does not want to remain at our club should be assisted to leave as soon as possible, with the funds raised being available for incoming transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    I understand your frustration Malwayne and I dont want to script depressing posts.However the truth is what we are witnessing is more than depressing.

The simple truth is Garlick was a con man.

We will recover. We always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

Ha ha Norder the picture shows the analogy of our midfield - the parting of the Red Sea and Sean At the front telling everyone he’s happy with it.

Maybe it’s just me and that wasn’t the hidden message.

Quote Originally Posted by Norder View Post

Just about sums it up that Norder, there's a tidal wave about to crash over the club, and it will very likely sweep away our PL status and Dyche along with it. The frustrating thing is, the tsunami sirens have been wailing for three years, the white surf lines have been visible out in the bay, getting ever closer, but no one in charge seemed to notice or care, and now the waves are hitting the beach and about to crash all over us.

Just like some of those Asian beach resorts, we'll look a bloody mess when the tide recedes. And there'll be bodies, metaphorically speaking of course, but not those of the owners, they'll be safe and dry, looking down and blaming everyone but themselves.
    Last edited by sinkov; 08-01-2022 at 09:52 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)