For better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part.

I remember taking these vows 28 years ago on my wedding day. Being a Burnley fan is in some ways akin to being wedded to the club you have loved and cherished your entire life. At the moment of course we are going through a marital rocky patch. We are worse, poorer and sickly but it is no divorcing matter unless you’re Henry the VIII and fancying someone new. But it isn’t just Burnley is it who you think have let you down? The Premier League itself has become a brothel where money buys you anything and everything. Owners who are corrupt or worse and footballers taking the knee as if they are leading some great crusade. Do they ever look in the mirror and think “what a fraud”? I don’t care much for lectures in morality but if any are to be handed out the fans who are paying to watch this circus have as much right as anyone.

Reality says we are in a bad place. We have just had a right barney with the missus and the only way she is going to come back to us crawling on her hands and knees is to say “ get out from under the bed you f*cking coward!” We might be better off without Dyche, we might be better off in the Championship, I honestly don’t know. I am sure I will be worse off without Burnley. Till death do us part.