+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alan Sheehan Retires

Alan Sheehan Retires

Thought it was worth pointing out that out former skipper has called it a day at the age of 35.

https://twitter.com/sheezdogg/status...19780327686153

He was a good servant for us playing more career games here than anywhere else. Although I realize he left under something of a cloud, I enjoyed watching him play here.

He also had a good few years helping Luton rise up the leagues after his time with us.

I think it's fair to say he's a bit of a modern day club legend.

If he hadn't left in the circumstances he had, or had overcome them for the rumoured return when we were struggling in League 2 for the final time... I genuinely think things could've been galvanised and we may not be where we are today.

Quote Originally Posted by mattpie View Post
    I think it's fair to say he's a bit of a modern day club legend.

If he hadn't left in the circumstances he had, or had overcome them for the rumoured return when we were struggling in League 2 for the final time... I genuinely think things could've been galvanised and we may not be where we are today.
    Probably right.
    We'd have been better having him than about 6 of the senior-pros we had at that time combined

Not a club legend or even close but a great servant whilst here with a legendary crucial moment at Boundary Park. The noise and feeling when that penalty went in was unforgettable for all in that away end.

A really nice bloke as well and always had time to speak to fans, I was annoyed Notts fans idiotically booed him when he played for Bradford.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    A really nice bloke as well and always had time to speak to fans, I was annoyed Notts fans idiotically booed him when he played for Bradford.
    When I look back on a period of our history post munto 2011-2010 where we had hundreds of players one of the stand out ones that I remember is Alan Sheehan.

He did a fine job for us and the penalty against Oldham will always live long in the memory.

Many will remember the interview he did after the Oldham game where we stayed up. We avoided relegation by the skin of our teeth and it's solid lower league players like Sheehan that are the ones we should have kept hold of so that he could have gone on and do what he did with Luton with us and maybe we might have ended up on a course towards relegation to L2 then the NL.

He deserves fans respect for his 114 appearances and contribution to the shirt and should always be welcome at Meadow Lane with an applause.

Looking back over the last 10 years Sheehan is one of the few names you think of in a positive light. Good luck to him in his new endeavours.

Great servant for Notts. I remember him getting a good reception during the last game of the season when Luton had just been promoted and we were getting ready for the play-offs. All the best to him with his coaching career.

Has joined the Luton coaching staff.