+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread - Sheffield United FA Cup

Matchday Thread - Sheffield United FA Cup

It’s a nice Sunday morning for me and hopefully a nice afternoon for everybody across the pond. But the FA Cup is upon us.

Starting XI: Ruddy; Semedo, Kilman, Coady(c), Marcal, Ait Nouri; Neves, Dendoncker; Traore, Silva, Podence

Subs: Moulmein, Jordao, Jimenez, Trincao, Moutinho, Giles, Sanderson, Cundle, Lembikisa

No real surprises in the starting lineup. Outside of Silva, we’d probably be comfortable with that starting lineup in a Prem match.

Looks like Sheffield United are doing the same as us - mostly first team players with a couple backups and youngsters sprinkled in.

https://twitter.com/SheffieldUnited/...060524544?s=20

Yeah, I'd have liked Bruno to have been a bit more adventurous and given at leat one of the youngsters (Giles, Sanderson, Cundle, Lembikisa) a start.

This is a big opportunity for the Golden Child, I hope he graps it and does well

Podence goes down in the box. Think if it was Sterling or Salah, it'd have been a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Yeah, I'd have liked Bruno to have been a bit more adventurous and given at leat one of the youngsters (Giles, Sanderson, Cundle, Lembikisa) a start.

This is a big opportunity for the Golden Child, I hope he graps it and does well
    Giles and Sanderson mostly, as I'd like to see them play and know if we really do need to get another CB or winger.But they've been back less than a week I suppose.

Very close to a goal for Sheffield United. Ruddy stops McGoldrick's shot and it almost trickles across the line before cleared.

On the other end, Silva intercepts a poor pass by the Sheffield defender, puts the ball beautifully into Podence's stride who has all day to put it past the keeper

1-0

Silva is playing a great game. Fantastic run with a layoff to Podence who chips it over back to Silva, who tried to chip the keeper. Just got a glove on it and it goes a foot wide for a Wolves corner.

Ait Nouri gets behind the back line and goes for goal instead of laying off to a teammate. Wasn't a bad shot in the end. Probably should have passed it however

Having lots of technical issues with my feed the last few minutes.

Elsewhere in the FA Cup
    Liverpool 0-1 Shrewsbury
    Cardiff 0-0 Preston
    Charlton 0-0 Norwich
    Stoke 0-0 Leyton Orient
    Tottenham 0-1 Morecambe
    West Ham 0-0 Leeds

Some potential upsets brewing. Maybe as entertaining a day as yesterday!

Liverpool tie up Shrewsbury
    West Ham up on Leeds

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)