+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loyalty- no longer exists

Loyalty- no longer exists

In days gone by, no matter what line of business or workplace you were in , the word loyalty actually meant something. Unfortunately, it doesn’t anymore. Are we surprised by Wood’s move ? Maybe. Most of us knew nothing about the early release clause.The only concerning thing is that he’s gone to one of our rivals. I wish him well, though not at our expense of course. I’ve always liked him, a player with a bit more to offer than meets the eye. Given the right service, he could be prolific on a regular basis.He’s also a little bit more skilful than what people think.And an international too, even if it is with the team from the Land of the long white cloud. So good business all round. Nothing stays still in football( except at Turf Moor!) Time to move on, and look to the future- hopefully still in Britain’s top flight, with a bit of help from those at the top.

Release clause or not he didn't have to go. He could have said I am flattered by your interest but I would rather stay at Burnley as they have been good to me over the years. I am happy at Burnley and maintaining Burnleys presence in the Premier League is my ultimate aim at this present time. However, he chose to leave presumably to be a part of this wonderful project at Newcastle so as far as I am concerned we are better off without him, no one is indispensable. As Malwayne says 'Look to the future.'

For BT:
    Can weed stop COVID-19? Two help compounds might - study.
    Compounds found in cannabis sativa seem to target the coronavirus spike protein, its main method of infection.
    https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wel...article-692301

The compounds, cannabigerolic acid, or CBGA, and cannabidiolic acid, CBDA, work by binding to coronavirus spike proteins. This is important, as it means they have the same drug target (a molecule critical to the disease's process) as COVID-19 vaccines and antibody treatments do. In other words, this blocks the virus's main way of infecting people. Compounds blocking the infection process means has been shown to work in other diseases, too, such as HIV and hepatitis.

“They are not controlled substances like THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, and have a good safety profile in humans. And our research showed the hemp compounds were equally effective against variants of SARS-CoV-2, including variant B.1.1.7 [Alpha variant], which was first detected in the United Kingdom, and variant B.1.351 [Beta variant], first detected in South Africa.”

“These compounds can be taken orally and have a long history of safe use in humans,” van Breemen said. “They have the potential to prevent as well as treat infection by SARS-CoV-2. CBDA and CBGA are produced by the hemp plant as precursors to CBD and CBG, which are familiar to many consumers. However, they are different from the acids and are not contained in hemp products.”
    But while the compounds seem effective against Alpha and Beta variants, it is unclear if they are effective against the others like Delta and Omicron.
    More research is needed to test this, as well as testing other compounds, specifically a compound derived from licorice that also binds to the spike protein.
    But as of now, the best means of preventing COVID-19 infection remains getting vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by SAMMY BUBBLY View Post
    Release clause or not he didn't have to go. He could have said I am flattered by your interest but I would rather stay at Burnley as they have been good to me over the years. I am happy at Burnley and maintaining Burnleys presence in the Premier League is my ultimate aim at this present time. However, he chose to leave presumably to be a part of this wonderful project at Newcastle so as far as I am concerned we are better off without him, no one is indispensable. As Malwayne says 'Look to the future.'
    It’s not the fact he’s gone Sammy for me it’s the underlying issues at Burnley.

I’m thinking a bit deeper and tbh I think Dyche and the club are at a crossroads because firstly it seems a buy out clause and now it seems that isn’t true and the club are willing to let him go,

So much for Sean and his loyalty to players - no reciprocation in this case I’d say.

Somethings happened at our club internally in the last few weeks that is causing considerable unrest - tbh you can feel it and last week I’d posted it felt toxic , players not doing jobs , arguing - falling out visibly on the pitch.

I’m surmising but I think Dyche may not have the dressing room ( all of it that is ) and the karma at Burnley has gone.

As Malwayne says 'Look to the future.'
    So here it is sodding New Year
    Nobody’s having fun
    Look to the future now
    It’s only just begun.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    So here it is sodding New Year
    Nobody’s having fun
    Look to the future now
    It’s only just begun.
    Oh that's not true. We are having a great time

We inserted a release clause in the Wood contract where the player could choose to leave if a £25 million offer was tabled.

NUFC triggered, Wood jumped. Apparently Trippier told his agent who he shares with Wood about the release clause.

Trippier said the only EPL club he would come back to from La Liga was Burnley, Wood said he loved it at Turf Moor and they are now singing a different tune with the Toon.

Lucre talks better than words...

Attachment 20745

Tripps for £12m seems a good deal, why couldn't we offer that or is his wage beyond our means?

I am happy at Burnley and maintaining Burnleys presence in the Premier League is my ultimate aim at this present time.
    Wood will have noticed, as have we all, that maintaining a presence in the Premier League does not appear to be the ultimate aim of the owners. If it clearly was their aim, then maybe Wood would have bought into it, but if the owners aren't that bothered, the players won't be either. They're not completely stupid, they as well as us, can sense the direction the club is travelling in, and Wood decided he didn't want to go in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Tripps for £12m seems a good deal, why couldn't we offer that or is his wage beyond our means?
    We could have got rid of some dead wood Chris to subsidise his wages , we’re paying a lot of no hopers at minute.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)