+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Mice

O/T Mice

Has we all know mice like to find a warm place in winter, but it seems I have some
    who have outstayed their welcome.
    I & my son boarded the loft space, I put lights in, shelves on the wall etc, with a
    loft fixed loft ladder.
    Heard some scratching last few nights, knowing it was mice, I bought some mouse
    traps this morning, so went up into the loft on return home.
    I had left some full un-opened boxes of heroe chocolate's in the loft, when I checked
    the mice had gnawed a hole into one of the plastic boxes, & eaten the full box of
    chocolates, just leaving us the papers.
    The traps are set & waiting for them to be sprung, our lass saying you should have
    not left the chocolates in the loft, but I replied she had put some cartons of cigs
    in the loft, but the mice had not smoked them.

I had some in the garage.
    I put a bucket of water down in the middle.
    Hey presto found one floating dead.
    Left it down for a week 3 more dead in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    I had some in the garage.
    I put a bucket of water down in the middle.
    Hey presto found one floating dead.
    Left it down for a week 3 more dead in the water.
    Mice can swim, you putting down a bucket, sure they where not lemmings

Yeah it was only half full 😉

Yeah it was only half full ��
    Must have kept slipping down, have seen mice run up the outside wall of a
    two storey house.

Yeah it was only half full 😉
    I love this optimism. How many posters on here would have left a bucket half empty?

Had a rat living in our tumble dryer last year. Had made it's way into the ducting that runs under the house and is used to expel the hot/damp air. We wondered for ages why the dog kept sniffing around the back of the dryer then one day we had an awful smell in the laundry room. Took the ducting off the back of the dryer to see the clear evidence of a rat inhabitant. Unfortunately though the rat had decided to die somewhere between the dryer and vent outlet (a distance of about 25') so that was a project in itself to clean up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Has we all know mice like to find a warm place in winter, but it seems I have some
    who have outstayed their welcome.
    I & my son boarded the loft space, I put lights in, shelves on the wall etc, with a
    loft fixed loft ladder.
    Heard some scratching last few nights, knowing it was mice, I bought some mouse
    traps this morning, so went up into the loft on return home.
    I had left some full un-opened boxes of heroe chocolate's in the loft, when I checked
    the mice had gnawed a hole into one of the plastic boxes, & eaten the full box of
    chocolates, just leaving us the papers.
    The traps are set & waiting for them to be sprung, our lass saying you should have
    not left the chocolates in the loft, but I replied she had put some cartons of cigs
    in the loft, but the mice had not smoked them.

I think your other half has pulled a fast one there Eric

ELK, recently had a lovely looking harvest mouse as a resident. It was taking the piss out of the cat living behind the kickboards in the kitchen.

Told her indoors I’d catch it in no time. Used some cheese spread on a trap but the crafty little git took it all off without setting the trap off.
    I then remembered what someone showed me.
    I put a Malteser on the trap.

Next morning one dead mouse! Cat going crazy when I pulled it out, had us in stitches🤣

A Malteser pal works every time as they have to use both paws to try to free or lift it off.

In one house we had, got some mice under bedroom floorboards, I took up a piece of floorboard
    put a couple of traps with bacon rind on, caught one mouse by one leg, the mouse gnawed its
    own leg off, to get off the trap.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast