+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we cope with the fixtures backlog ?

Can we cope with the fixtures backlog ?

Can we ? Will we ? Some more players may have gone, some might have come in by then. One of them may have come back from Africa with a winners medal.
    We could have done with playing Watford and winning the game. Surely we could have , couldn’t we.? What a timely boost that may have been. The games will be coming thick and fast for sure. Our threadbare squad is being pushed enough as it is.
    Do we want to stay up ? I reckon we do.How we do it ,is out of our hands and another matter.It seems a lot to ask to get the ball rolling, a couple of good results would put us all in a better frame of mind . I believe - do you ? It’s “Dare to Dream” all over again,before the dreaming turns into the nightmare waiting to happen !

With our squad size the fixture backlog will probably prove a nightmare with our injury prone players, unless ..

Won't happen, our "Recruitment" team won't get off their arses until March.

Plenty of time.We are the only team in the EPL still in the first half of their season

Three tips for our dozy recruitment team:

Jason Knight - Derby - £10 million.

Dan Neil - Sunderland - £3 million.

Tyrone Campbell - Stoke City - £10 million.

Boost the squad no end, all young with great sell on value - WTF are we waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Boost the squad no end, all young with great sell on value - WTF are we waiting for.
    Don't go making suggestions BT, you'll be giving them nosebleeds.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    With our squad size the fixture backlog will probably prove a nightmare with our injury prone players, unless ..
    My old dad always used to say, towards the back end of the season, games in hand are no use, you want points on the board, and over the years, he was usually proved right, those stranded at the bottom with games in hand very rarely got out of trouble.

If he was still here he'd be saying to me, 'Sorry son, your games in hand will come and go, you'll lose most of them, and you'll be going down'. Much to my irritation, the old boy was right about most things, and I think he's right about this.

I think the recruitment team are still sampling the wine over in Italy trying to get Ramsey to reduce his 300k a week to 25k.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Your all forgetting the Dyche settling in period as well so even if we were to sign them BT there will 3 weeks and then a cameo bench appearance for 6 minutes , so if By miracle we do sign players you can expect to see them around the end of feb - longer if we managed to get a win between now and then as loyalty to the old brigade is paramount

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    as loyalty to the old brigade is paramount
    I think Dyche might be rethinking on the loyalty thing, hopefully for the better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)