+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burnley FC you are bloody pathetic

Burnley FC you are bloody pathetic

I do realise that as fans we have no influence over things that do not happen at Burnley but the lack of encouragement or anticipation is beyong ridiculous. The club is becoming a recluse providing nothing to the fans, yet it won't be long before the club comes cap in hand for supporters to renew their season tickets. The lack of definitive news is poor.

It is bloody pathetice our game is off the problem with many postponements is that it will work against us because we will have to play many games in a short period of time of course putting pressure on the limited squad. I can see the club and SD making the excuse about many games in a short period of time as the reason for relegation. That will not be the case as we are not taking any advantage of the market. Blame rests with the Board and SD. Lets have it right SD has no influence or negotiation skills to increase/improve our squad. I am relaxed about relegation should that happen but at least we should do our best to avoid relegation which I do not think we are doing anything never mind our best.

The Board or SD have still not provided a modicom of information about what/if the club intends to sign anyone. If the club fails miserably to improve the squad or provide interim information to our long lasting fans then after more than 50 years, the cap in hand request to renew my season ticket will go unanswered and my membership will not be renew3ed. I am just fed up with having to expect the worst from our club.

18th Jan 2022 and we still have no idea that we might sign anyone. 12/13 days left and we have the grand amount of -1. We should not be leaving transfers to the last minute it isx pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    I do realise that as fans we have no influence over things that do not happen at Burnley but the lack of encouragement or anticipation is beyong ridiculous. The club is becoming a recluse providing nothing to the fans, yet it won't be long before the club comes cap in hand for supporters to renew their season tickets. The lack of definitive news is poor.

It is bloody pathetice our game is off the problem with many postponements is that it will work against us because we will have to play many games in a short period of time of course putting pressure on the limited squad. I can see the club and SD making the excuse about many games in a short period of time as the reason for relegation. That will not be the case as we are not taking any advantage of the market. Blame rests with the Board and SD. Lets have it right SD has no influence or negotiation skills to increase/improve our squad. I am relaxed about relegation should that happen but at least we should do our best to avoid relegation which I do not think we are doing anything never mind our best.

The Board or SD have still not provided a modicom of information about what/if the club intends to sign anyone. If the club fails miserably to improve the squad or provide interim information to our long lasting fans then after more than 50 years, the cap in hand request to renew my season ticket will go unanswered and my membership will not be renew3ed. I am just fed up with having to expect the worst from our club.

18th Jan 2022 and we still have no idea that we might sign anyone. 12/13 days left and we have the grand amount of -1. We should not be leaving transfers to the last minute it isx pathetic
    I hope that you feel much better for that and it has lifted your depression.
    It's only a game, some you win and some you lose and you do not need to do anything that you don't want to do.
    The bottom line is that nothing you, I or any other fan can do is influence anything that is happening at the club. Que sera, sera!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I hope that you feel much better for that and it has lifted your depression.
    It's only a game, some you win and some you lose and you do not need to do anything that you don't want to do.
    The bottom line is that nothing you, I or any other fan can do is influence anything that is happening at the club. Que sera, sera!
    Super sub I find your note patronising and quite offensive. You suggest I am depressed but I am far from that. I am quite at liberty to express my opinion and feelings about the way the club is being run. I am not stupid enough to realise that my thoughts and opinions will never be taken into consideration, but nonetheless I am still entitled to an opinion.

I completely get that Lancaster all of it and I think we deserve a bit better than we’re getting on and off the field.

I myself as you can probably guess am frustrated with what I’m subjected to , some seem to accept the way the club is run and our recruitment programme.

I can cope with not winning if we look together and give everything for the cause but as it is at the minute it’s ridiculous.

Our recruitment is like everything else laboured and slow.

there's one positive in dropping few tables...if support is replaced by ludicrous amounts of dosh - it seems that those who have less of it, still value what matters most .

It's the lack of urgency that is doing my head in.

We seem to be sleepwalking into the Championship.

Where's the fire and brimstone?

Not with a bang but a whimper. That's what you get with hollow men.

Super sub I find your note patronising and quite offensive. You suggest I am depressed but I am far from that. I am quite at liberty to express my opinion and feelings about the way the club is being run. I am not stupid enough to realise that my thoughts and opinions will never be taken into consideration, but nonetheless I am still entitled to an opinion.
    It certainly isn't difficult to offend anyone these days ---is it? I will not apologise because I also expressed my opinion as to your post and was concerned about your welfare because you seem to be worrying too much. You find that patronising and offensive, that is your prerogative, however, I also expressed an opinion.
    I wish you well and hope that you maintain your happy outlook on life whilst expressing your opinionis.

" at least we should do our best to avoid relegation which I do not think we are doing anything never mind our best."

I posted over a month ago Lancaster that it looked to me, the way the club was being run, and bizarre as it might seem, that we were deliberately aiming for relegation. I've seen nothing since, and certainly nothing in this transfer window, to persuade me otherwise.

We seem to have been planning for relegation for three years now, the running down of the squad, the lack of funding, if you don't put petrol in your car, it will run for a while but eventually splutter to a halt, that's what's happened to us, and it cannot have happened by accident. The people running BFC have taken conscious decisions that this is the way it's going to be. It's the perfect blueprint for relegation, it's a masterclass in how to drop a division, why they are doing it I have no idea, but if you want to be relegated, this is the way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Not with a bang but a whimper. That's what you get with hollow men.
    interesting quote - Kriti.

We are the hollow men
    We are the stuffed men
    Leaning together
    Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!
    Our dried voices, when
    We whisper together
    Are quiet and meaningless
    As wind in dry grass
    Or rats' feet over broken glass
    In our dry cellar

Shape without form, shade without colour,
    Paralysed force, gesture without motion...

T.S Eliot

--

fortunately...I have a solution that'll break us free from this annulate misery, relieve us of this swarm of parasites that are vandalizing our enjoyment and monetizing the game - Until we're Rid of the Rot and in the clear....We Boo when we score, and Cheer when we Lose !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)