+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omicron

Omicron

Must be really contageous
    My son tested positive yesterday ,so we took my 2yr old grandson for a PCR test and he has it as well.My wife tested positive this morning but I tested negative..My son feels a bit flush,grandson just a runny nose and wife a bit of a sore throat.Bit of a worrying time though.Hope she doesn't give me it but probably will.
    Think
    E
    We think it stems from his nursery as they had a positive case last Friday.😒

It went through our lot like a dose of Epsoms over Christmas Alf.

Nothing much to worry about, the effects were fairly mild; sore throats, bit of a cough and snotty noses.

All are back at school and work. I'm suffering with Long Covid so it did not bother me.

The Child Bride is double jabbed plus booster, she tested positive 4 times but was not showing any significant symptoms.

Worry not, it will pass.

👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It went through our lot like a dose of Epsoms over Christmas Alf.

Nothing much to worry about, the effects were fairly mild; sore throats, bit of a cough and snotty noses.

All are back at school and work. I'm suffering with Long Covid so it did not bother me.

The Child Bride is double jabbed plus booster, she tested positive 4 times but was not showing any significant symptoms.

Worry not, it will pass.
    I was talking with a friend in Tel Aviv and one in London today. Both said exactly the same thing - symptoms a bit like a cold and not much worse than that.

Israel has one of the highest vaccination rates per capita. Yet it is rampant there. I read a medical report over the weekend that suggested that vaccinated people are more likely to catch it than unvaccinated because the vaccine weakens the immune system.

have never tested for a cold....because I'd know if I had one, so would just blow my nose, have a toddy etc....otherwise, it'd be like taking my sock off to check if i'd grown another toe, never done that either.

as for the test - Lateral flow market is worth billions and rising, and with Flowflex, Innova, Lumina etc....all owned by private equity groups and the like....so it they that are sucking on the peoples pocket, and am sure they're in no rush for testing to end, as won't the Government and scientific scum who also have a (financial interest)...finger in the pie.

stop testing, it stops them.

One of my nurse friends forwarded this note to me. It was originally written by a nurse, but the source is unknown, probably out of fear of retribution.

"Among all the vaccines I have known in my life (diphtheria, tetanus, measles, rubella, chickenpox, hepatitis, meningitis, flu, and pneumonia, and tuberculosis) I have never seen a vaccine that forced me to wear a mask and maintain my social distance, even when you are fully vaccinated.

I had never heard of a vaccine that spreads the virus even after vaccination.

I had never heard of rewards, discounts, incentives to get vaccinated.

I never saw discrimination for those who didn't.

If you haven't been vaccinated no one has tried to make you feel like a bad person.

I have never seen a vaccine that threatens the relationship between family, colleagues and friends.

I have never seen a vaccine used to threaten livelihoods, work or school.

I have never seen a vaccine that would allow a 12-year-old to override parental consent.

After all the vaccines I listed above, I have never seen a vaccine like this one, which discriminates, divides and judges society as it is.

And as the social fabric tightens… It's a powerful vaccine! It does all these things except IMMUNIZATION.

If we still need a booster dose after we are fully vaccinated, and we still need to get a negative test after we are fully vaccinated, and we still need to wear a mask after we are fully vaccinated, and still be hospitalized after we have been fully vaccinated, it will likely come to “It's time for us to admit that we've been completely deceived."

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    One of my nurse friends forwarded this note to me. It was originally written by a nurse, but the source is unknown, probably out of fear of retribution.

"Among all the vaccines I have known in my life (diphtheria, tetanus, measles, rubella, chickenpox, hepatitis, meningitis, flu, and pneumonia, and tuberculosis) I have never seen a vaccine that forced me to wear a mask and maintain my social distance, even when you are fully vaccinated.

If you haven't been vaccinated no one has tried to make you feel like a bad person.

I have never seen a vaccine that threatens the relationship between family, colleagues and friends.

I have never seen a vaccine that would allow a 12-year-old to override parental consent.

After all the vaccines I listed above, I have never seen a vaccine like this one, which discriminates, divides and judges society as it is.

And as the social fabric tightens… It's a powerful vaccine! It does all these things except IMMUNIZATION.

If we still need a booster dose after we are fully vaccinated, and we still need to get a negative test after we are fully vaccinated, and we still need to wear a mask after we are fully vaccinated, and still be hospitalized after we have been fully vaccinated, it will likely come to “It's time for us to admit that we've been completely deceived."
    That sums it all up. It is all about control and money. Big Pharma is making billions out of this. The WHO is in the pay of the Chinese. The World Economic Forum in Davos and “The Great Reset”.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post

I might not have been as eloquent as this over the last 20 months, but it is more or less what I have said all along.

You all know I have mentioned "Old Bob" my father-in-law has been hospitalised for the last 16 weeks and has been located on various "Covid Wards" where visitor access is denied.

After I threatened to call the police because Bob was being "imprisoned without trial", Social Services rang me and within one hour I was on the ward.

Not a Covid patient in site, the ward was full of geriatrics all suffering from co-morbidity.

We are being played like fiddles and it really is a national scandal.

It's only a few weeks ago that we were being told, by the Prime Minister, the Health Secretary, numerous SAGE scientists, NHS consultants and every expert the media could manage to quote, that ICU wards were thronged with unvaxxed patients, over 90% of ICU beds were occupied by these selfish people, they were bed blockers, putting undue pressure on the NHS and causing stress to hard working nurses and doctors.

Of course, actual stats to back up these claims at the time were nowhere to be found, but lo and behold, they have miraculously appeared. At the press briefing yesterday Savid Javed was, for a few seconds, stood in front of a gigantic graph showing the % vaxxed and unvaxxed in ICUs over the last year, and the graph showed the unvaxxed in December at just over 60%.

Was there any admission that they had lied, any contrition, any acknowledgement at all that they just might have got it wrong, of course not, these people lie to the public, stand in front of evidence that they have lied and blithely ignore it, moving seamlessly on to the next pack of lies. We should be able to count on the media, the journalists, and political commentators to call out our lying politicians and scientists but, for whatever reason, they are complicit in the subterfuge. Not one of them mentioned the discrepancy, or challenged them on it, not that I was expecting them to, and one journo from the Press Association even tried on the old Project Fear trick of quoting the Wednesday deaths reported figure of 359, a vastly exaggerated figure as the backlog from the weekend under-reporting comes in. Actual deaths are running at around 200 a day, we know why politicians lie, but why would an apparently independent journalist lie as well. In a democracy where we expect our media to hold politicians to account, this is more worrying to me than any of Boris's nonsense.

And it's not just this PA shill, last weekend on GB News, Alastair Stewart had a Cambridge professor on, asking him whether it was safe to end restrictions. Most certainty not he said, we don't know enough about Omicron yet, 'it's surprised us once by being more transmissible and less virulent than we thought'...........What ?? It's behaved exactly as the SA scientists told us it would, there have been no surprises with Omicron. Did Stewart, a supposedly respected and experienced journalist pick him up on this blatant lie. No, not at all, he just thanked him profusely for his valued input and moved on.

Apparently it's fine for everyone to lie, except Boris.
    Last edited by sinkov; 20-01-2022 at 09:50 AM.

I was shocked (!) to discover Boris did not even know his own rules. A work event is not a party even though there are trestles full of booze and cheese.

We were out having dinner last night at the Ocean Palace in Darwen and I instigated a mass questionnaire on Covid.

A few of the diners thought I was off my nut at first but once they got warmed up the responses were fantastic.

Honestly, the inquest was brilliant. The owners are a pair of splendid young Chinese entrepreneurs and they suggested having a regular "Question Time" programme every Wednesday with me hosting it!

In no particular order, the outstanding comments:
    "Boris is a lying tw@t".
    "Starmer is a useless tw@t".
    "Covid, what bloody Covid?"
    "They can shove their masks where the sun don't shine".
    "175,000 Covid deaths? Yeah right!"
    "I'm vaccinated, but I have still had Covid!"
    "Over my dead body are they vaccinating my kids".

My favourite: "Why are the Germans, French and Italians still taking extreme measures, is it because they are still in the EU?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)