+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnet: Match Postponed by National League!

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Blimey.

Another good reason to get ourselves knocked out of the FA Trophy at Halifax!
    I agree. Or can we withdraw like Chesterfield?

That's my Friday night phooked up. Was looking forward to this.
    I'll pop and see Tyreece Palmer in action at Basford tomorrow then

These are the games that now take on an extra bit of significance for us tomorrow. Perhaps too much to ask that Halifax, Wrexham and Stockport will all lose, but not unreasonable to hope that none of them will win, given their opponents and all away.
    Wins for BW and Chesterfield seem nailed on.

Boreham Wood
    15:00
    Weymouth

Chesterfield
    Aldershot Town

Grimsby Town
    Bromley

Maidenhead United
    FC Halifax Town

Yeovil Town
    Wrexham

Dagenham & Redbridge
    17:20
    Stockport County

Another joke of organisation from the National League and Barnet. Will see us probably drop out of top 7 again!!. The sooner we get out of this terrible league the better!! P.s don't agree with the posters who want us out the cup, it's all extra revenue and still chance to get to a Wembley.

Barnet FC to NL: Please sir, we have lots of players out with covid and injuries, what on earth shall we do?

NL to Barnet FC: OK we'll call the game off for you

Barnet FC: Oh no, we really really wanted to play tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    Barnet FC to NL: Please sir, we have lots of players out with covid and injuries, what on earth shall we do?

NL to Barnet FC: OK we'll call the game off for you

Barnet FC: Oh no, we really really wanted to play tonight!
    You eavesdropped the same phone call that I did

Quote Originally Posted by Warnocks Legends View Post
    P.s don't agree with the posters who want us out the cup, it's all extra revenue and still chance to get to a Wembley.
    Normally I would agree with you. In past seasons I have anyway, especially when I learned that the revenue from a Wembley trip can be pretty decent.

But this year it just feels like there is too much riding on it. We have a great chance of getting promoted but a growing fixture backlog. We have extra revenue if we get promoted, plus a better chance of keeping this team together (or selling later for a higher price based on LG2 performances).

It just feels to me like a season to concentrate everything on the League, free up a couple of Saturdays, and replay some of these postponed fixtures in the springtime when the pitches will better suit our game.

I think we should withdraw from the trophy. Don't need the additional games and we need to focus on the league. Plus that game we could squeeze in a rearranged league fixture.

Aside from last season, which started two months late, we will now reach the half-way stage of the league season as late into the calendar as we have done since the Munto season (26th January at Dagenham, the night Trembling and Sven thought they'd secured the necessary investment to keep 'the project' alive). The latest half-way fixture before that was the snowed out winter of 1981/82 (30th January at Ipswich, the day of Gordon Mair's Notts County goal of all time).

Quote Originally Posted by Notts_Pie View Post
    I think we should withdraw from the trophy. Don't need the additional games and we need to focus on the league. Plus that game we could squeeze in a rearranged league fixture.
    RULES OF THE FA CHALLENGE TROPHY COMPETITION (“the Competition”)
    COVID-19 has created great uncertainty for both football and society at large and The Association.......

(c) If a Club decides to withdraw from the Competition after a postponed or abandoned match, notice must be given to The Association and its opponent at the end of the match or as soon as possible after the match has been postponed.
    (d) A Club failing to give satisfactory reason for withdrawing from the Competition shall in addition to any other action considered appropriate not be allowed to enter the Competition in the following season and shall be liable to such fine as the National Game Board considers appropriate.
    (e) Where a Club fails to fulfil any fixture the National Game Board shall take such action as it deems appropriate.
    (f) If a Club may not be able to compete in a match on the date scheduled for the match for reasons due to COVID-19 (including but not limited to on the basis that a significant number of its players have tested positive for, or are showing symptoms of, COVID-19 or a local lockdown has been imposed which prevents the Club from playing), it must inform The Association as soon as it becomes aware of the relevant circumstances. In such circumstances, and subject to Rule 11 below, the National Gameo Rule 11 below, the National Game Board shall take such action as it deems appropriate (in its absolute discretion).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast