+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheaterfield Strengthen Their Squad

Cheaterfield Strengthen Their Squad

So it seems the chase for Cal was a mere smoke screen and a exercise in disruption as they have gone and signed a certain striker Joe Quigley from National League rivals Yeovil Town for an undisclosed fee.
    Does anyone know if he's any good or not as the case may be ?
    Also, does anyone know if a set of frost covers for the pitch was included in the deal or have they already signed them , judging by the remarks about their pitch it seems probably not at the moment unless they were involved in the Yeovil deal.

update:
    They have bought frost covers it just that the groundsman has forgot to put them down. They have also had Asante in the number 10 role, maybe they might comeback for Cal after all !?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 23-01-2022 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Fixed title typo/format

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    So it seems the chase for Cal was a mere smoke screen and a exercise in disruption as they have gone and signed a certain striker Joe Quigley from National League rivals Yeovil Town for an undisclosed fee.
    Does anyone know if he's any good or not as the case may be ?
    Also, does anyone know if a set of frost covers for the pitch was included in the deal or have they already signed them , judging by the remarks about their pitch it seems probably not at the moment unless they were involved in the Yeovil deal.

update:
    They have bought frost covers it just that the groundsman has forgot to put them down. They have also had Asante in the number 10 role, maybe they might comeback for Cal after all !?
    Seems like an odd one. 25 years old and about as many career goals, 1 in 3 at best and can t see how he improves the fairly extensive striking roster they already have. Does seem to be Rowes MO though - just keep adding. The only thing I could suggest is he’s been bought as part of an attempt to create alternative way of playing when they can’t break teams down? he’s a big old unit at 6ft 4.

Far more interested in what Stockport are doing - they look like the ones to beat…

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppie View Post
    Seems like an odd one. 25 years old and about as many career goals, 1 in 3 at best and can t see how he improves the fairly extensive striking roster they already have. Does seem to be Rowes MO though - just keep adding. The only thing I could suggest is he’s been bought as part of an attempt to create alternative way of playing when they can’t break teams down? he’s a big old unit at 6ft 4.

Far more interested in what Stockport are doing - they look like the ones to beat…
    They already have a battering ram type Forward in Denton who I believe is now fully fit, unless they are looking to offload him.?

They already have a battering ram type Forward in Denton who I believe is now fully fit, unless they are looking to offload him.?
    Was going to say worth a look, they've already done us over once

Does seem a little odd. Unless as previously said, he's been bought in to replace Denton. Woth a look?

Would he offer more than Sam?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Does seem a little odd. Unless as previously said, he's been bought in to replace Denton. Woth a look?
    Thankfully, Tom Denton is the polar opposite of the type of player we are looking to recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Would he offer more than Sam?
    Denton's an out and out target man, whereas Sam is a multi skilled, multi dimensional player. He's so good he can drift in between dimensions when he needs to get past an opponent.

Bosh...........

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Thankfully, Tom Denton is the polar opposite of the type of player we are looking to recruit.
    Totally agree he is far to old, i thought the idea was to get them young and build them up.

You certainly don't need the #radar to spot Denton. He's more old school in every way. Although I'm all for some much needed experience in any squad, I'd be unimpressed with that signing. Can't see it ever happening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast