+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: The Garrison 1st February 7PM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Having just listened to Luke Goddards views on Radio Sheffield I think that you're wrong. He said he had no association with the happenings on Saturday and reiterated how his group or any other unhappy fans should protest in a peaceful respectful way. Luke is doing a sterling job imo. He has a balanced view and aired his opinions very well about his concerns for this club under the current ownership.

Personally I am gravely concerned with the financial situation. Relegation is gonna hit this clubs finances really hard. The fact in years gone by is that we've sold to keep afloat. However, we now live in unprecedented times on the back of the covid pandemic. No championship clubs are spending as they were pre pandemic which is bad news for us. We are going to have to raise 6 to 8 million during the summer to cover the loss in TV revenue. Personally I think this will prove a real struggle. Most of the players are on 4 year contracts and we need them off the wage bill. I'm concerned to say the least
    Pass and with all due respect to Ponty End his type of post in content was discussed by a number of us following last night's meeting , not him personally but those type of opinions of which he's entitled of course .

We need to move on from the just glad to have a club attitude .

The standards at this club are currently laughable and they need to rise .

The better fan attitude is also pretty flawed , if people didn't care there wouldn't be a Protest Group .

I've never known one before in other desperate times .

The better fans can be viewed from another direction too .

Wow it make you think dun't it, about 5 mill has gone from the bank balance in just over 4 years at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Wow it make you think dun't it, about 5 mill has gone from the bank balance in just over 4 years at the club.
    That 5 mill is abart what we paid for Thomas, Schmidt, Kane and Wilks combined

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    That 5 mill is abart what we paid for Thomas, Schmidt, Kane and Wilks combined
    reyt signings ! reyt value !
    Mi arse ,,

Din't we pay Oulare about 5 mill for his exciting unforgettable 18 minutes of non stop action ?. 😆

Nancy fans protesting about Conway and Lee

Name:  E1CD71D3-BF0E-4FFF-B379-822E88C7A017.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  11.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    Nancy fans protesting about Conway and Lee

Name:  E1CD71D3-BF0E-4FFF-B379-822E88C7A017.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  11.2 KB
    Loko of bbs and Supporters Trust fame has just posted that the situation at Nancy is far more serious than here and in other words any protests here are unwarranted .

He fails to mention that our ownership are responsible for the situation at Nancy and tries to align our previous relegations from this level to the one we are enduring today .

It's actually scary how naive he is or chooses to stick his head in the sand , possibly a combination of both .

I sincerely hoped the Protest Group could work with the Supporters Trust but that seems a forlorn hope .

A thousand we told you so's from the Protest Group aren't going to be any kind of satisfaction with what I fear we are facing in the non too distant future .

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617