+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Honest thoughts on 'transfer' window

Honest thoughts on 'transfer' window

What are we all thinking?

I genuinely didn't think the club was stupid enough to go through this window and not strengthen that midfield area but alas it looks like thats exactly what we are doing.

I have a LOT of faith in our ownership and management but honestly this just reeks of that year when Grayson had us in playoffs and all we needed to do was strengthen the defense and we'd probably have gone up but this time all we need to do is reinforce that midfield to protect our PL status and I hope the outcome of no business isn't us going down. I get comparing these guys to Bates is miles apart but it is just the situation that is similar not the reasons behind not buying.

The whole Aaronson deal just seems like Ben White situation where we clearly want him, we won't pay what they want and then he will go somewhere bigger and better in 6 months because his stock has risen and clubs are looking at him more. He could be ****......but honestly I'd rather just gamble at least once on a player at this point.

If we end up with Minamino I'll just be ****ing annoyed cos he can't score for **** and already have one of those in Dan James, we don't need two.

Really hope the club do something and bring in a centre forward and midfielder but just looks unlikely now. I've got faith, I believe in them but I can't help feel this is just a massive gamble to not spend compared to a minor gamble in overpaying by 3/4 million for 2 players when lets be honest that money will probably be recoupped in the sale of Raphinha, Meslier or Phillips in the summer.

Sticks in the throat a little more when you see clubs like Villa, Newcastle, Watford etc strengthening.

Just really hope Burnley are financially shot and Norwich don't have one of those end of season runs that clubs sometimes have where they win a bunch on the bounce and save themselves at our expense.

Either the injury situation is a lot better than they are letting on or they have el grande kahunas.

It has been bloody obvious since pre season that the squad it too thin in midfield and upfront without let alone with injuries. Pablo has not been replaced which is a huge loss.

Klich can’t play CDM and not really 8 he is best as a 10 but then needs others around him.

The kids are great but kids and need more time.

Forshaw has been a revelation but is also now injured and Roberts and Rodrigo are not ideal when Phillips and Forshaw are not playing as there is no one to sweep up.

I think they got a false sense of security from the back to back wins.

We will have 6 to 20 players in each position scouted at varying price points so I agree I would have pushed the boat out on Aaronson (he plays for a pressing team in the Champions League and has good stats and can control games) but if not him then there is lots of other cheaper talent we could have brought in - Swift, Knight etc whom are al supposed to be on our list and MB likes. Knight would be a steal as Derby are financially screwed.

It makes no sense.

Also if Minamino comes in for mega bucks then hold fcek the board and coaches have lost the plot and and instead should just by aaronsen or buy Brereton Diaz instead or Kent who can play up front.

I don’t expect us to sign anyone which means the rest of the season may be more of a rollercoaster than it needs to be - Newcastle are supposed to be bringing in another 3 to 5.

Fine if there is no alternative plan B but at least allow nuance in Plan A or make sure you have the resources to make Plan A work.

If just feels like I can start to hear the tune of

Leeds Leeds are falling spear - AGAIN

When it should be a much cheerier background tune.

Let’s hope the song ends up being everything’s gonna be alright as it just seems stubborn risk taking that isn’t needed.

Worrying/baffling, but should we be surprised. As already mentioned other clubs in and around us, seem to be doing the common sense thing, and actively recruiting where required, some decent players already snapped up, but as per normal its huff & puff, one barrier after another with us. A decent, proper ST & DM /CM, could make all the difference, spend say 20/25 mill, could well put to bed any fears of the drop, otherwise its looking like the dreaded squeaky bum till May.

If JKA and FFP potentially affect business, we can't really complain if they try to ensure we aren't penalised. But answer in short....5hite.

If, as mentioned, Watford, nucastle and villa are buying, how is their ffp rules differing from ours?
    Or is it a smokescreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    If, as mentioned, Watford, nucastle and villa are buying, how is their ffp rules differing from ours?
    Or is it a smokescreen.
    I believe due to very little spending over the last three years compared to sales Newcastle have a lot more headroom coupled with the extra revenue their ground generates given its capcity.

Some think the P&S/FFP rules are unlawful so maybe they are going to challenge them too.

Every person on any Leeds forum, every opposing team, every opposing manager, every opposing fan, every pundit, knows we need a striker, last season we needed one, the season before we needed one, all we have is Bamford, if he's injured, like now or off form we have no back up, only a 19 year old rookie. The only people that don't see this or don't care are bielsa, kinnear, orta, and radz, unfortunately those 4 are the only ones that can do anything about it....dont hold your breath.

We seem to become obsessed with certain players and put all of the eggs in that basket. Seems to happen a couple of times a year. James, White, Rodrigo and that guy from Bayern come to mind along with the current obsession on the yank.

It's strange since we do really good on some of our other player signings. Meslier, Strujik, Raph and Joffy come to mind.

when we reach the obsessive stage good things don't seem to happen. Not sure if this MB or someone else drives this.

I think we’re just hoping that there are 3 teams more shyte than us. Full stop.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)