+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Staff responsible for completing deals (Pace/Dyche)

Staff responsible for completing deals (Pace/Dyche)

Just a little over 24 hours before the trsnfer desdline. Why is it taking such a long time to get any deal done!!!
    My concern is that the usual excuse will be trotted out "Well wwe were really close on a couple of things but we just couldn't grt them done", Is that what we are facing? It feels like the whole recruitment is totally inept and have little or no idea how to conclude a deal. Why do we have to wait to the very last day and maybe last minutes to secure whoever ior if anyone is in the frame. I hope I am proven wrong.

They probably wait until the last day so that the first salary is due the month after.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Just a little over 24 hours before the trsnfer desdline. Why is it taking such a long time to get any deal done!!!
    My concern is that the usual excuse will be trotted out "Well wwe were really close on a couple of things but we just couldn't grt them done", Is that what we are facing? It feels like the whole recruitment is totally inept and have little or no idea how to conclude a deal. Why do we have to wait to the very last day and maybe last minutes to secure whoever ior if anyone is in the frame. I hope I am proven wrong.
    Yes we do seem to do an awful lot of talking and not much action.

We also seem to have pens that don’t work very well , we supposedly always shop in a smaller pool to everyone else it doesn’t stop us as above doing alot of talking and achieving not very much.

We need a wide midfield man and a creative centre mid who’s athletic and physical before tomorrow night or we’re in S-it street.

No matter how one tries to defend this abject uselessness, we just do not have the NUFC bottomless money pit.

The Toon are loaded and even they are struggling.

The only deal they got done really easily was to chuck £25 million to us for Wood, which in its own way tells its own story.

I get tired trying to defend the indefensible, but bigger clubs than us are struggling to get deals over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    No matter how one tries to defend this abject uselessness, we just do not have the NUFC bottomless money pit.

The Toon are loaded and even they are struggling.

The only deal they got done really easily was to chuck £25 million to us for Wood, which in its own way tells its own story.

I get tired trying to defend the indefensible, but bigger clubs than us are struggling to get deals over the line.
    We’re back to little old Burnley again BT

If we’re not going to be able to even compete what is the point ?

It can’t go on like this imo anyway - I think maybe the premier league think that way as well , realistically they don’t want us in the league because we’re just not equipped to be in it.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    We’re back to little old Burnley again BT

If we’re not going to be able to even compete what is the point ?

It can’t go on like this imo anyway - I think maybe the premier league think that way as well , realistically they don’t want us in the league because we’re just not equipped to be in it.
    Honestly army88, I prefer the Championship. 3 o'clock kick offs, less expensive, more chance of winning and in our comfort zone.

Many of us on here said 3 seasons ago we were at our watershed - invest now or the downward spiral would begin.

Garlick decided to take the money and run, it will be interesting to look back in say 5 seasons and see how Garlick's decision panned out for Burnley Football Club.

Having said that we have 4 tickets for Saturday night - a win would be delicious - COYC!

Honestly army88, I prefer the Championship. 3 o'clock kick offs, less expensive, more chance of winning and in our comfort zone.

Many of us on here said 3 seasons ago we were at our watershed - invest now or the downward spiral would begin.

Garlick decided to take the money and run, it will be interesting to look back in say 5 seasons and see how Garlick's decision panned out for Burnley Football Club.

Having said that we have 4 tickets for Saturday night - a win would be delicious - COYC!
    Where do you sit BT ?

I’m with you on the. Campionship it is our level if the owners and staff aren’t willing to compete at this level that’s where we are going.

I’m going to say though BT our recruitment is abysmal or if it’s Dyche that’s part of that as well

I posted on another thread where they spill out we’re searching in a smaller pool then everyone else yarda yarda.

We’ve had this conversation before and I will not accept that across the whole of Europe - World there aren’t players who can improve our squad within our money remit - the fact is we’re just poor at it always have been.

Something is wrong at turf moor between recruiting/ manager / management they’re not doing the job correctly.

Let’s see if the new man plays Saturday- I’m guessing not but could be proved wrong we’ll see.

Where do you sit BT ?

I’m with you on the. Campionship it is our level if the owners and staff aren’t willing to compete at this level that’s where we are going.

I’m going to say though BT our recruitment is abysmal or if it’s Dyche that’s part of that as well

I posted on another thread where they spill out we’re searching in a smaller pool then everyone else yarda yarda.

We’ve had this conversation before and I will not accept that across the whole of Europe - World there aren’t players who can improve our squad within our money remit - the fact is we’re just poor at it always have been.

Something is wrong at turf moor between recruiting/ manager / management they’re not doing the job correctly.

Let’s see if the new man plays Saturday- I’m guessing not but could be proved wrong we’ll see.
    We did not renew our season tickets because of my refusal to be vaccinated.

Now it's a case of we take what we can get. On Saturday we are in the James Hargreaves Upper.

Whatever the outcome of this season, now that Covid is in retreat we will be looking for 4 season tickets in the Jimmy McIlroy upper.

COYC!

We did not renew our season tickets because of my refusal to be vaccinated.

Now it's a case of we take what we can get. On Saturday we are in the James Hargreaves Upper.

Whatever the outcome of this season, now that Covid is in retreat we will be looking for 4 season tickets in the Jimmy McIlroy upper.

COYC!
    That’s me Bt Jimmy Mac upper same seats a few years now since my kids came but they don’t come anymore just me and my old man - however I have a grandson of 3 years there’s hope yet to recruit another claret.

That’s me Bt Jimmy Mac upper same seats a few years now since my kids came but they don’t come anymore just me and my old man - however I have a grandson of 3 years there’s hope yet to recruit another claret.
    Taking youngsters to watch Dycheball army ? Be careful, you could end up being charged with child abuse.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)