+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Greenwood....!

Greenwood....!

Although not our player, this is, if true, very very disturbing! Far too many young footballers thinking they can do what they like and to whom they like is getting riddiculous , we had our own upstart but he's gone now although he was never accused of assault or rape! I think this all stems from paying young guys obcene wages and thinking they are invincible. If true and its still an if, he should be chucked out the game and locked up, if however there is a little hint of fabrication then that same punishment should follow to the other petson involved. I just hope this is not brushed under thr carpet. Watching a report this morning it was claimed 1.5 million people a year seek help due to domestic violence 0.5 mill being men.....makes you think, this is bigger than we all think and needs stamping out. Its a horrible subject but one we should be able go talk about, the days of it being kept behind closed doors or a Taboo subject are gone, surely. Thoughts....

He's finished mate - the evidence is so damning he will most likely plead guilty and be made an example of, the poor girl did the right thing going public so that lawyers couldn't get a gagging order to stop him being named & shamed. He will of course claim he won't get a fair trial but he should have thought this was inevitable.

I do agree that the money and fame turns a few of these fellas into big time charlies who think they can do what they like, once upon a time they could more or less. But now the world has changed, it hasn't changed enough yet in the same way drink driving has but let's hope that is where we end up.

Despite his actions we still have people on social media calling him an idiot for throwing his career away - not a mention in the same post for the poor girl! Some people really are d1cks

I read a tweet that basically said "How do I tell my son why Greenwood isn't playing anymore, he is my sons hero"

If my son asked me that question I would say "because Greenwood beat his girlfriend up and did things to her that she did not want done to her, and that's wrong isn't it?" and even at his young age he would know.

So those defending him, because he is only 19 or whatever, or those lying to his fans about why he isn't in the team anymore, are part of the problem.

Mason Greenwood in the recording, sickeningly says" I asked nicely. What the f*ck am I supposed to do?" - showing his lack of empathy, understanding, and spoilt, entitled egotism.

Other comments I've read state things like "why was she recording it? She's set him up" or "if this isn't the first time why hasn't she left him?"

There's a massive lack of understanding about domestic violence in general, and because these football players are so idolised, you genuinely have grown men supporting an "alleged" rapist.

He is a piece of ****.

From the ‘Gender Nazis’ who do not recognise women's existence, to the breeding ground for female suppression, ‘Grime and Drill’ (very popular among ‘certain’ cohorts, across Northern Europe). Is it any wonder that 2nd class citizenship awaits our daughters and granddaughters.

Lest not forget the historical role in female repression, played by religion and its prophets.

As long as society allows these parasites to thrive, under the pretence of cultural freedom, then women will continue to be subjected to violence, abuse, and deprivation.

All very true and correct words but ss I said at the start, this is not just a one way thing. 0.5 million men per year seek help for domestic abuse. My brother was in a terrible relationship but he felt he had to stay with her despite being beaten regulary with an iron bar. Thankfully he is out of this and with a new wonderful woman who, is paying for a new set of teeth for him.

Violence
    Domestic violence
    Rape
    Racism
    Hate, it all needs to go!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)