+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: T'other board

For the benefit of visitors, and there have been quite a few over the last day or so, and current posters here’s how I see it. There are two Carlisle boards but neither is king. Because one is busier than the other there is an “heir” (The Cumbrians) and a “”spare” (Carlisle Mad). This need not be the status quo though, and the more that the other board lets people down the more posters they will lose. They won’t necessarily come here, welcome though they are, but if nothing is done over there to stop this downtime continuing then The Cumbrians.net will end up no more busy than this board. After all, people have other options now and better things to do than wait around for a messageboard to load. Action needs to be taken if the other board is to be viable.

There’s the problem though. This has been going on for two or three years. Advice has been given and ignored. So, why? Do the Mods over there want a message board or not? Would they prefer folk to post more in response to their Twitter feeds or on Facebook? Because that’s the way it’s going. Now some of them (at least) are involved in Unita Fortior and some sort of maintenance was allowed to take place* on transfer deadline day. Eye off the ball, surely. So there is now a very large chance that that board will be allowed to fester and die because I can foresee a way forward for the owners of that site, and it doesn’t include a messageboard.

The funeral bell is ringing.

* no, me neither

And, as if on cue, it’s down again.

V. E. R. Y. S. L. O. W.
    Last edited by griff; 01-02-2022 at 10:22 AM.

It might be worth bearing in mind their long proven incompetence and track record of lack of transparency when it is voting time for new representatives on the CUOSC Board.

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    It might be worth bearing in mind their long proven incompetence and track record of lack of transparency when it is voting time for new representatives on the CUOSC Board.
    To be honest I am confused about the CUOSC and its links with the message board and CUFC including the individuals. Could someone please enlighten me. As to the future members of the Board, the current incumbents will need to stand on their record against anyone from the new intake linked to UF who is interested, dynamic and offers strong benefits in terms of representing te legitimate interests of all CUFC fans. I have my own thoughts on that but lets see what happens in the next month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by cayambe View Post
    To be honest I am confused about the CUOSC and its links with the message board and CUFC including the individuals. Could someone please enlighten me. As to the future members of the Board, the current incumbents will need to stand on their record against anyone from the new intake linked to UF who is interested, dynamic and offers strong benefits in terms of representing te legitimate interests of all CUFC fans. I have my own thoughts on that but lets see what happens in the next month or so.
    The obvious link between CUOSC and t'other Board is that several (if not all) of the Moderators are CUOSC members.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. The more members CUOSC has the better.

The key words used in your post are that future members of the CUOSC Board should be "dynamic and offer strong benefits in terms of representing the legitimate interests of all CUFC fans.".

I totally agree with that but would also add the words "should have a track record of competence and honesty".

If UF can find some candidates that meet these criteria they will have done a good job.

However track record of t'other Board suggests it won't be any of the Moderators.

Oh dear .... as bad as ever.

I know. It’s the local treacle-wading championships. Or a reluctant hooker - there’s no way on.

And as I head for bed, tonight there were 21 posts on our match thread, 15 on theirs. Thank you, and good night,

Hi, just come across from the other board, took 40 minutes after the game against Salford to get logged on. That was to post how craX it was. it is a disgrace.

Welcome PT. Pull up a chair by the fire and join in, have a laugh, get things off your chest. We don’t bite.*

* mostly.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)