+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: T'other board

Griff, you and your forum remind me of a famous Winston Churchill quote:
    Bessie Braddock: Winston, you are drunk, and what's more you are disgustingly drunk.
    Churchill: Bessie, my dear, you are ugly, and, what's more, you are disgustingly ugly. But tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly.

Yes, their forum goes down but at least it is temporary. THe problems of your forum (hardly any users, full of ads, you keep banning people, terrible format etc etcetc) are permanent. If you want to have a good forum (something more and more important as the other one heads over to the trust) you will need to sort this one out so it can actual do well. I know like being mod to much to stand down but maybe consider getting someone younger and more techsavy in to help you? If we have one trust forum and one crap forum then we have no good forum

A new poster asking for Griff to stand down,where have I heard that one before? 🙄

Meh.

I wonder who it is this time Griff?

Here is a clearer and vastly superior format. It works the whole time. As for adverts the other board cannot attract any. Here anyone with any sense takes the easy way to ensure that no adverts are shown. I have not seen any of the adverts here for ages, so long ago that last time I saw an advert we had a good team. The moderator here very rarely bans anyone. In terms of ethics the moderator here is vastly superior to those at the other place. Just reference the Barry farce over there with the moderators replying to legitimate questions with their own version of the "No, we didn't do it, wait for the Sue Gray report / Metropolitan Police enquiry / the full Sue Gray report".

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    I wonder who it is this time Griff?
    *taps nose*

He doesnt know who I am even though he likes to pretend he does
    Lets be honest, if anyone looked at this forum and did not know about the popular forum they would think we had about five fans. A closer inspection would then show that three of those five are actually fans of other clubs. As the popular forum mods get closer and closer ties with the club and the trust it becomes more and more important that we have a healthy and popular forum to hold them to account. Sadly with griffs mismanagement of this one that is not very likely to happen in the near future, unless he swallows his pride and asks for help or stands down that is.

I often look in on the "popular forum" and can't get on the bloody thing because of it continually crashing,the mods refuse to do anything about it despite bringing it to their attention on several occasions which seems to force the rats from there over here,no doubt you've posted here before under a different name and the style of the posts brings me to my own conclusions which I suspect Griff does to,anyway,are you going to join in with the prediction comp?

This board works all the time. It has a moderator who has the highest of ethics. It has a future that is not on a shoogly peg. It is well supported by advertising. Anyone not wanting to see such an abundance of advertising knows how to easily facilitate that. Only when I very occasionally switch off the advertisment inhibitor do I see any advertisments. This is a messageboard that will not die.

And it pretty much welcomes everybody,even piggy was a regular poster before he got into a drunken argument one night and f#Łked it up,NS with his extreme views was allowed a platform to say what he thought before a third party grassed him and got him banned,the fact that fans of other clubs visit should be welcomed not scorned

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)