For the benefit of visitors, and there have been quite a few over the last day or so, and current posters here’s how I see it. There are two Carlisle boards but neither is king. Because one is busier than the other there is an “heir” (The Cumbrians) and a “”spare” (Carlisle Mad). This need not be the status quo though, and the more that the other board lets people down the more posters they will lose. They won’t necessarily come here, welcome though they are, but if nothing is done over there to stop this downtime continuing then The Cumbrians.net will end up no more busy than this board. After all, people have other options now and better things to do than wait around for a messageboard to load. Action needs to be taken if the other board is to be viable.

There’s the problem though. This has been going on for two or three years. Advice has been given and ignored. So, why? Do the Mods over there want a message board or not? Would they prefer folk to post more in response to their Twitter feeds or on Facebook? Because that’s the way it’s going. Now some of them (at least) are involved in Unita Fortior and some sort of maintenance was allowed to take place* on transfer deadline day. Eye off the ball, surely. So there is now a very large chance that that board will be allowed to fester and die because I can foresee a way forward for the owners of that site, and it doesn’t include a messageboard.

The funeral bell is ringing.

* no, me neither