+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transfer window review

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post
    We are probably done by now. As it stands we have signed:

Tripper, Wood, Guimarães, Burn and Targett.

Is it enough to stay up?

I'm not convinced. I think only Trippier and Guimarães improve our team.

It might be possible to build a better defence out of those players, but I struggle to see where to goals are going to come from.

We should have bought at lest one more attacker.
    Can't disagree with any of that, I agree, it's goals that will keep us up we need another striker before the end of the window.

Lingard deal is totally off, so I think thats it.

All in all a bit dissapointing window, even though we spend £100m. I dont se us staying up, without attackers I'm affraid.

Lack of firepower is a worry.

At least the owners have been trying this window. If Ashley was here we'd probably have signed Wood and that's it

Think we've wasted a bit to much time on Lingard if we wasn't willing to pay what the initially wanted which we clearly wasn't I think we should of just pushed for Deli Ali. I know manure was trying to to rob us and we don't want to set a precedent but for the price of staying in the league I think we maybe should of just give them what they wanted this time.

Tbh, I think Wood is way out of Ashleys price range.

But yeah, feels strange not to be super-excited when we spend this much.

I find it a bit weird that there isnt one good attacker available.

Tbh, I think Wood is way out of Ashleys price range.

But yeah, feels strange not to be super-excited when we spend this much.

I find it a bit weird that there isnt one good attacker available.
    oh there are some available - just not to us

I'd say that we've probably done as much as we could to stay up.

I wonder if a fax-machine bid for Lingard would do it (assuming he wants to come without relegation clauses).

If Everton are bidding/paying £40m stupid money for Deli Alli, £30m for Lingard doesn't sound as bad as it would ordinarily have. Certainly better than wasting £12m to borrow him for 6 months.

--

Anyway, the defensive signings should give our existing attacking players license to be far more aggressive without hanging our ars'es out the window.

We can't score so easily but we can attack. I'm still waiting for an explanation of what Dwight Gayle is drawing a wage for. Somehow, we've got to learn to score while Callum is running laps in the pool.

Lingard deal is totally off, so I think thats it.

All in all a bit dissapointing window, even though we spend £100m. I dont se us staying up, without attackers I'm affraid.
    Cannot agree with this - dissapointing. We've signed some good players and some solid, all that will improve us.

Yes, having a big named attacker would of been brilliant and like you I'd like one to but I think Wood will actually be a lot better for us than we think.

Also, Targett crossing factor is 2.5 a game, our best player up till now is Lewis who is 0.7, so hopefully we'll be getting a lot more crosses in for him.

Just read Lewis is going to be left out of the 25 man squad if true thats terrible we cant have Dummett and Ritchie as left back back up behind Targett.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)