+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Next WBA Manager

We will now be looking in the “The pool of losers” More managers sacked by other clubs for the same reason Val was sacked. THE SAME REASONS. What is the point of football these days?????

Anything other than an attack minded philosophy will be here even shorter than Ishmael, I won’t tolerate a Bruce or Houghton can’t see anyone who sits near me tolerating that either.

Apparently, Bruce in advanced talks.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    We will now be looking in the “The pool of losers” More managers sacked by other clubs for the same reason Val was sacked. THE SAME REASONS. What is the point of football these days?????
    I don't look into sackings too much. Nearly all managers have been sacked at some point in their careers, it's that kind of business. Hodgson was sacked by a fair few but he'd know how to sort this mess out. Steve Bruce and Big Sam would too despite a history of sackings. Bilic was sacked by us but he'd get the players and fans back on board.

We won't get the perfect appointment, guaranteed. It will either be someone inexperienced and up and coming but play a positive brand or it will be an old head with a decent CV but the brand ain't the best. Given that Lai wields the sword like a musketeer, I suspect it will be an old head like Bruce or Bilic.

Gourlay has hung around to things to fall in place for and for to get the job he wanted.

He was a total disaster at his last job at Reading.

Regarding a manager if he wants experience then Hughton but if they will take a chance on an inexperienced one then Michael Carrick.

If John Terry is appointed, I will be beyond gutted.

" I would like to see is a young, enthusiastic coach with vision who wants to play football on the ground" this must be the exact opposite of Steve Bruce.

Enzo Maresco in the frame

Colin’s available and was doing the rounds on Sunday TV

Roy Keane anyone…he would shake the players up !

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    I don't look into sackings too much. Nearly all managers have been sacked at some point in their careers, it's that kind of business. Hodgson was sacked by a fair few but he'd know how to sort this mess out. Steve Bruce and Big Sam would too despite a history of sackings. Bilic was sacked by us but he'd get the players and fans back on board.

We won't get the perfect appointment, guaranteed. It will either be someone inexperienced and up and coming but play a positive brand or it will be an old head with a decent CV but the brand ain't the best. Given that Lai wields the sword like a musketeer, I suspect it will be an old head like Bruce or Bilic.
    Whoever it is they won’t be given time. Whoever it is it’s only a matter of time before a string of mediocre results will change everything again. It’s the most pathetic way of trying to make something. Nobody gets time. We were 5th with a long way to go. Changing everything now has written off this season, so why not wait? Give someone time like a four year contract for example. Yes that was a joke. In fact it all is. A new manager now will need a couple of months to change things especially with players he didn’t pick. So, season over. Even though we are 5th STILL IN THE PLAYOFF PLACES!
    ITS NUTS!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)