+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Appreciate your views but Bruce has achieved more than Howe. Before Val - Howe’s name was touted with us and many were not impressed.

Consider - with all the money now it will be a failure if Howe does not keep you up and that’s not unfair.

We are rock bottom and players didn’t want to play for Val. So Bruce has not got the same pressure and I would put money on it - there will be a huge response to him!

Funny old world - we thought Rondon was a donkey but he was well liked by you guys.

Howe won’t like being summoned to the consulate if he does not keep you up ��
    Bruce achieved more than Howe ? Howe brought Bournemouth from a relegation position in the 4th tier up to the Prem with attacking football.Bruce did not win a single game this season.

Biggest question is is there a nice kebab shop opposite the Hawthorns ?

The real problem you may find with Bruce is his brand of capitulating football.

Contrary to the media FUD about NUFC supporters. We can take a loss. We can take a rout. We can stomach a run of losses. We have dealing with shocking form since Pardew has been stinking it up, (even at the start of Rafa's reign) and many times under Bruce.

The problem is when you see good players made to play worse and you set up to park the bus at home against substandard opposition.

It's draining. It's awful and maybe you'll enjoy a fast break or two. But I hope your defence is better than ours because you'll need it for his rope-a-dope tactics of giving 70% possession to every team he plays against.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherTerryMac View Post
    The problem is that Bruce will bring his entourage of Agnew and Clemence with him. The three of them should have their coaching badges shredded

When Howe took over the whole squad were not fit after Bruce sanctioned loads of days off

Good luck mate but he is the same ilk as Pardue but probably worse
    Although I detest Phartdew, as a man, more than Bruce I would say Bruce was much worse than him.

At least Phartdew had the players fit and to an extent trying to win a match.

With CabbageHeed it was just a hopeless forlorn failure.

Always good to hear the opinions of the Geordies, proper football fans.
    To be honest I have never liked Bruce, but he is the best we could attract given the other names on the list, and has won more promotions from this division than any other manager.
    But he won't be here long. We need to get up so our non existent owner can sell the club.

Hope you guys stay up and go on to better things, your supporters genuinely deserve better.
    All the best.

I think West Brom fans will soon lose patience with Bruce. I remember when we played Sheffield United who hadn't won in 20 games or something and Bruce the genius played 5 at the back, parked the bus and we lost. That was his management in a nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    I think West Brom fans will soon lose patience with Bruce. I remember when we played Sheffield United who hadn't won in 20 games or something and Bruce the genius played 5 at the back, parked the bus and we lost. That was his management in a nutshell

It’s a funny old world! Ticket sales have actually increased for Sheffield since the Bruce appointment so let’s see! It’s the championship and he’s already gained four promotions.

For all the large sums of money - Howe was not exactly an inspirational appointment so let’s be honest. Many here didn’t want him before the Val appointment.

Good there are differing views. We thought Rondon was a donkey but you loved him. We loved Gayle but not rated in Newcastle! You rated Benitez but Everton supporters couldn’t wait for him to do one!

We will see with Bruce but honestly will give £50 to a hospice if he does not improve things.

Really hope you guys stay up though as great supporters and fantastic city

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)