+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brenda's Platinum Jubbly

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    I'm not a royalist but that was a bit tasteless Alf.
    There are a fair few on here who do not do the obsequious thing. Calling alf "tasteless" is akin to pouring water on a duck's back.

Everyone has the right to their opinions. We do not have to agree with those opinions and may find them offensive.

However, what is more important - the right to free speech or the so - called right to not be offended?

To my mind, the latter does not exist.

I would never describe the Queen as an “evil b*#ch”. I do not agree with that opinion at all. To be somewhat Voltarian, I would still defend the person’s right to have that opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by chastenor View Post
    Where are the moderators? Surely this should not be allowed
    We only have one moderator still standing on here and after the furore over correcting a deliberate spelling mistake, he does not do "moderating".

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    Everyone has the right to their opinions. We do not have to agree with those opinions and may find them offensive.

However, what is more important - the right to free speech or the so - called right to not be offended?

To my mind, the latter does not exist.

I would never describe the Queen as an “evil b*#ch”. I do not agree with that opinion at all. To be somewhat Voltarian, I would still defend the person’s right to have that opinion.
    Is that like being a "Vulcan" on Star Trek Swissclaret?

I like Brenda, she does a bloody good job, and has been doing so since long before most of her subjects were born. Those who indulge in infantile abuse of a defenceless woman, which they are perfectly entitled to do should they so wish, only demean themselves.

Besides which, my contact at the Palace tells me that Brenda has no interest in football, neither has the Bonny Prince Charlie either by the way, and does not read Clarets Mad. Indeed when once told of the existence of groups of her subjects, who gathered together on Internet forums to discuss the fortunes of their various clubs, she wore a bemused expression, which lasted for several seconds, before turning to her butler, smiling sweetly and saying, "Gin o'clock I think Jeeves".

I believe in real life she is a very nice lady, good with horses, dogs and children, and does a lot of work for charities.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I like Brenda, she does a bloody good job, and has been doing so since long before most of her subjects were born. Those who indulge in infantile abuse of a defenceless woman, which they are perfectly entitled to do should they so wish, only demean themselves.

Besides which, my contact at the Palace tells me that Brenda has no interest in football, neither has the Bonny Prince Charlie either by the way, and does not read Clarets Mad. Indeed when once told of the existence of groups of her subjects, who gathered together on Internet forums to discuss the fortunes of their various clubs, she wore a bemused expression, which lasted for several seconds, before turning to her butler, smiling sweetly and saying, "Gin o'clock I think Jeeves".

I believe in real life she is a very nice lady, good with horses, dogs and children, and does a lot of work for charities.
    I've mentioned this before mon ami, Brenda reminds me a lot of my Auntie Gladys who was born in the same year as the Queen.

Sadly, Auntie Gladys was not born into ostentatious wealth and privilege and died far too early with the early onset of dementia.

Hardly seems fair does it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We only have one moderator still standing on here and after the furore over correcting a deliberate spelling mistake, he does not do "moderating".
    It's not the queen it's a look alike.lol..
    Sorry if I've offended anybody not meant to
    ,you better delete it BT before I end up in the tower.😒

"I believe in real life she is a very nice lady, good with horses, dogs and children, and does a lot of work for charities."

Not much of a judge of character are you mon ami?

Brenda has got the wagons circled, chucked her son Andrew under the bus, saw her daughter-in-law came to a sticky end, and her grandson f*cked off to America to get out of her way.

All the while she can afford to do a lot of work for charities with an estimated $600 million of her serfs money to play with. Nice work if you can get it.

I've mentioned this before mon ami, Brenda reminds me a lot of my Auntie Gladys who was born in the same year as the Queen.

Sadly, Auntie Gladys was not born into ostentatious wealth and privilege and died far too early with the early onset of dementia.

Hardly seems fair does it?
    Life is not fair BT, as your Aunt was not responsible for the circumstances of her birth, neither was Brenda. I believe dementia is no respecter of wealth, privilege or power, some of us will be lucky enough to avoid it, some won't, a few bob in the bank won't save you.
    Last edited by sinkov; 03-02-2022 at 10:01 AM.

"I believe in real life she is a very nice lady, good with horses, dogs and children, and does a lot of work for charities."

Not much of a judge of character are you mon ami?

Brenda has got the wagons circled, chucked her son Andrew under the bus, saw her daughter-in-law came to a sticky end, and her grandson f*cked off to America to get out of her way.

All the while she can afford to do a lot of work for charities with an estimated $600 million of her serfs money to play with. Nice work if you can get it.
    Not my judgement of her character BT, you will notice I said, 'I believe'. I trust my informant and that is what I have been told. Some people are informed by what they read in the Grauniad and hear on the BBC and trust that, personally I suspect they would be better informed by sticking to the Beano, but it's their choice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)