+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Villa Game

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Villa Park December 2018 created hostilities of late, for sure.

We were two nil down after 20 minutes, pulled two back in five second-half minutes to draw level. First goal by half-time substitute Jack Clarke with a stunning right-foot curler [his first goal for the club] & was followed by a Pontus Jansson header with Roofe scoring the winner in 95 min - the 'Roof' came off in the Doug Ellis NE 'away section' & didn't go down well, Villa fans on pitch taunting Leeds fans, smoke bombs being hurled from our section & Stewards stood powerless as Leeds players joined in with our celebrations.

Remember this game very well but had no idea about fan issues.

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    Think Rodrigo in his best position up front, or Gelhardt. This thing with James as main striker waste of time, at a push Harrison would be better, but it all comes down to lack of squad depth.
    It's straightforward for anyone else but Bielsa. Joffys a striker so play him.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Is the lead poster of this thread's avatar Che Guevara???? Not sure but sure looks like him.
    It could be Wolfie Smith
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen_Smith

Gerrard plays the solid back four in defence with flying wing-backs, so most notably they're patiently always 'recycling the ball' around the defence & the base of midfield to start attacks - but now have Coutinho on loan so not sure how they'll use him in the 4-3-2-1 they use as 'Villa’s defensive shape' under Gerrard always has the team sit in a deep defensive block & engage with their first line of pressure around the halfway line, all the tactical reports I've read suggest they do this like clockwork.

Whoever plays up front will have to pull the Villa defenders apart constantly for sure & as ever every chance created must be taken in this game as it will become end to end stuff.

My brother was telling me that it appears Targett & Cash are instructed by Gerrard to provide the width & quickly put low crosses into the box for one of the front three to attack, so from a goalkeepers perspective a nightmare scenario & for our defence no silly rash challenges inside the box. Interesting to see who'll we have on our bench as the game progresses to conclusion.

Gerrard plays the solid back four in defence with flying wing-backs, so most notably they're patiently always 'recycling the ball' around the defence & the base of midfield to start attacks - but now have Coutinho on loan so not sure how they'll use him in the 4-3-2-1 they use as 'Villa’s defensive shape' under Gerrard always has the team sit in a deep defensive block & engage with their first line of pressure around the halfway line, all the tactical reports I've read suggest they do this like clockwork.

Whoever plays up front will have to pull the Villa defenders apart constantly for sure & as ever every chance created must be taken in this game as it will become end to end stuff.

My brother was telling me that it appears Targett & Cash are instructed by Gerrard to provide the width & quickly put low crosses into the box for one of the front three to attack, so from a goalkeepers perspective a nightmare scenario & for our defence no silly rash challenges inside the box. Interesting to see who'll we have on our bench as the game progresses to conclusion.
    Gerrard’s teams work hard without the ball too which is why I am worried that they may win the ball back in bad places for us.

Getting the first goal and not going behind seems to be crucial for us

Targett went to Newcastle so he'll not be steaming forward.

Yep, Targett signed for Newcastle this week on loan & Villa signed Frenchman Lucas Digne from Everton on loan, so maybe the full back we can get an error from will be steaming backwards chasing our flying wingers.

Targett will do well to do that from St James Park seen and given he barely played for Gerrard

Seems ages since we last played.

Villa fans forum views on the match.
    https://www.villatalk.com/topic/2268...-match-thread/
    There are some truly spectacular bottom feeders on that forum. I was going to respond to some of their delusional fantasies but decided I couldn't really justify the oxygen it would have wasted in registering to post.

Looks like Che plagarized Andy's term.... ball bags.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)