+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warne livid at clubs making contact with our players not through the official channel

Warne livid at clubs making contact with our players not through the official channel

Apparently, two players have recently been contacted without asking for an official approach through our club.

It doesn't say who the players are but, they were offered deals in which they could have had their wages doubled. Thankfully, both players refused to move. They approached the players saying they had spoken to Warney gaining the players confidence. When the players approached Warney about being moved out, only then did it come to light.

Surely this is illegal and the club can report them for this kind of approach?

It's a murky world of underhand dealings and dishonesty is football. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that some players actually dive to try and win a penalty

He should name the clubs or a least make some veiled reference so we can work it out

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    He should name the clubs or a least make some veiled reference so we can work it out
    Let's be honest, if it just included doubling of wages one could have even been Rawmarsh Welfare I'm guessing PW doesn't want to 'chime' up nor have any 'pomp' and circumstance about one of them.

Guessing Lindsay was for one for Pompey as their manager Cowley was saying how much he admired Sadlier and tried to sign him from Donny when he was Lincoln manager no smoke without fire

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Let's be honest, if it just included doubling of wages one could have even been Rawmarsh Welfare I'm guessing PW doesn't want to 'chime' up nor have any 'pomp' and circumstance about one of them.
    I understand that PW,s favourite breakfast is bacon sandwiches

We would all like to think that in football everybody plays fairly

But sadly that’s not the case, it’s a cutthroat nasty cheating business.

And the cheats prosper

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Guessing Lindsay was for one for Pompey as their manager Cowley was saying how much he admired Sadlier and tried to sign him from Donny when he was Lincoln manager no smoke without fire

Lindsay makes sense as a local journo from Pompey tweeted that an offer for Lindsay had been knocked back and then later tweeted that Rotherham were playing hardball. Then Paul Davies confirmed that Pompey were interested but there wasn't even an offer made.

I’m sure it’s against rules

Report it

I won’t be surprised if it’s Portsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I’m sure it’s against rules

Report it

I won’t be surprised if it’s Portsmouth
    Or maybe there was a bundle of fivers left behind Cathrine of Aragon’s tomb to close the deal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast