+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Steve Bruce Fickleometer.

Well there’s talk of getting free transfers like jack wilshere who isn’t as good as what we have in molumby and mowatt due to his awful injury record. We are already looking at making things worse before we even kick a ball 🤦*♂️

I remember way back, seems like in another lifetime, Bruce was touted as a possible manager for us and we all threw our hands up in horror; this appointment is definitely a step backwards but who knows, maybe we sometimes do have take a step back before we can go forwards again. Anyway, I would rather direct my ire at Lai and Sky than Bruce.

Mr Lai, should you by some strange chance get to read this, please take a nice long walk along a short pier.

Remember back to your youth Kets, walking into a nightclub and seeing a great looking girl with her ugly mate at the start of the night and thinking to yourself......" no f king way!? ".

Then by 1.30am in the morning after multiple failed attempts with her looker of a friend and every other woman in the place the ugly one suddenly became palatable!

That's where we are at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Well there’s talk of getting free transfers like jack wilshere who isn’t as good as what we have in molumby and mowatt due to his awful injury record. We are already looking at making things worse before we even kick a ball ��*♂️
    Boingy, as I've stated before, I have always admired your optimism regarding Albion. I therefore find it somewhat puzzling that your attitude is so negative towards Steve Bruce. Let's give him a chance and hopefully he'll do a good job for us. If I'm wrong, I'll hold my hands up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Boingy, as I've stated before, I have always admired your optimism regarding Albion. I therefore find it somewhat puzzling that your attitude is so negative towards Steve Bruce. Let's give him a chance and hopefully he'll do a good job for us. If I'm wrong, I'll hold my hands up to it.

I don’t get it too! Maybe Boingy should have gone to a match and heard the discontent or saw a seat being ripped out in temper.

I'm amazed over thinking I'm being negative. I remember comments on here. I remember the anti Pulis comments who got us 10th in the Prem, I remember how great it was to have Val, a younger manager with new idea's and how great he did at Barnsley, I remember how we never have a manager who tries out the youth, and voila! Val does that. I also remember that after a poor run "He's got to go!" "What lousy football!" I take note of all of it and I know that five years ago we would have been disgusted at the board to consider a manager like Bruce. Here we are now. I am negative about this because our club is going backwards. Our club gives no manager any time to do anything. Our club then sends for old experienced managers who have proved that they can only go so far. This isn't an inspired appointment. We are now going to faff around till the end of the season.

Well there’s talk of getting free transfers like jack wilshere who isn’t as good as what we have in molumby and mowatt due to his awful injury record. We are already looking at making things worse before we even kick a ball ��*♂️
    Totally inappropriate to compare Wilshere with Mowatt and Molumby as they are totally different types of players. Wilshere has more ability than M&M put together. With his injury record, if we could get him on a Pay and Play basis then that would be a good move in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Totally inappropriate to compare Wilshere with Mowatt and Molumby as they are totally different types of players. Wilshere has more ability than M&M put together. With his injury record, if we could get him on a Pay and Play basis then that would be a good move in my eyes.
    Well we shall all see wont we

I'm amazed over thinking I'm being negative. I remember comments on here. I remember the anti Pulis comments who got us 10th in the Prem, I remember how great it was to have Val, a younger manager with new idea's and how great he did at Barnsley, I remember how we never have a manager who tries out the youth, and voila! Val does that. I also remember that after a poor run "He's got to go!" "What lousy football!" I take note of all of it and I know that five years ago we would have been disgusted at the board to consider a manager like Bruce. Here we are now. I am negative about this because our club is going backwards. Our club gives no manager any time to do anything. Our club then sends for old experienced managers who have proved that they can only go so far. This isn't an inspired appointment. We are now going to faff around till the end of the season.

I stuck with you almost to the end with Pulis if you remember and had we not parked the bus at places like Huddersfield ( I was there ) many would have tolerated it. Park the bus at Chelsea etc but Huddersfield?

I was excited for Val and loved the attacking style at Bournemouth and Blackburn ( I was there ) and I stuck with him until about his last three games. Viaduct slammed him from the first moment. Many stuck by Val but the football over the last three months was shocking - same tactics without change - shocking discipline and where was the high press? Where was Tolluch over the donkey Hugill? Val also lost the dressing room. Look what happens in a normal job if a team has no respect for their manager!

Val had to go as supporters ( the majority ) had seen enough. Many supporters at Millwall ripped out seats in frustration and demanded he was sacked - I get it!

For once the club have reacted quickly - got rid of Val before it was too late and also got rid of two clowns on the Board and brought in a footballing guy! As Des said - Bruce was the best appointment we could hope for in this complete shambolic mess!

I am off to Sheffield and vowed not to go again. Even the ticket office said sales of tickets have increased since Val was sacked. This tells you something.

I agree with building for the future but there were no signs of this and the football was getting worse. We all might be dead in four years time so you pay money to be entertained now. Look at QPR and Blackburn with inferior squads to our own but play decent football. Why can these two teams play decent football and not our own club? Nobody is demanding automatic promotion but decent football should be a given!

The majority of supporters could see this and amazed if you can't. I will go one step further and say the football of late was worse than Pulis if you consider it's a poor championship and NOT the premier league!
    Last edited by baggieal; 04-02-2022 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I stuck with you almost to the end with Pulis if you remember and had we not parked the bus at places like Huddersfield ( I was there ) many would have tolerated it. Park the bus at Chelsea etc but Huddersfield?

I was excited for Val and loved the attacking style at Bournemouth and Blackburn ( I was there ) and I stuck with him until about his last three games. Viaduct slammed him from the first moment. Many stuck by Val but the football over the last three months was shocking - same tactics without change - shocking discipline and where was the high press? Where was Tolluch over the donkey Hugill? Val also lost the dressing room. Look what happens in a normal job if a team has no respect for their manager!

Val had to go as supporters ( the majority ) had seen enough. Many supporters at Millwall ripped out seats in frustration and demanded he was sacked - I get it!

For once the club have reacted quickly - got rid of Val before it was too late and also got rid of two clowns on the Board and brought in a footballing guy! As Des said - Bruce was the best appointment we could hope for in this complete shambolic mess!

I am off to Sheffield and vowed not to go again. Even the ticket office said sales of tickets have increased since Val was sacked. This tells you something.

I agree with building for the future but there were no signs of this and the football was getting worse.

The majority of supporters could see this and amazed if you can't. I will go one step further and say the football of late was worse than Pulis if you consider it's a poor championship and NOT the premier league!
    Al, Bruce! its Bruce, Its not someone to get excited about! If the change was exciting I would be with you all the way.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)