+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Steve Bruce Fickleometer.

The Official Steve Bruce Fickleometer.

Let's see how long it takes for the first......"He's gorra goo Franksey"........on the Fickleometer?

My money is on Viaduct to be first to demand his head closely followed by Kets and BaggieAl and myself.

Leicester is bound to feature heavily in this as well I believe.

Prando will be last to suggest his sacking, even after Bruce runs over his dog and steals his pension!

In my defence mick, I don't think that I've been particularly vehement in advocating the sacking of a manager, until Ishmael that is. In his case I will plead guilty m'lud!

Think it’ll be more of a swing o meter

With the amount of shouters on here shouting one thing one week and then totally opposite the following week

It’ll more like the Hokey Cokey on here in out in out change it all about

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    Think it’ll be more of a swing o meter

With the amount of shouters on here shouting one thing one week and then totally opposite the following week

It’ll more like the Hokey Cokey on here in out in out change it all about

I don't think so.

I'm pretty confident you'll think Bruce is rubbish.

You were right about Val in fairness.

Firstly on a previous thread I supported the Bruce out campaign even before he’d got the job,(a bit tongue in cheek) I’d like to withdraw that remark and hope he is successful with us.
    However what I would like to see is 4-4-2 furlong bartley clarke townsend, plenty of scope for furlong and townsend to go raiding but only ever one side leaving 3 at the back.
    The midfield is the most difficult but I’d go with phillips and reach wide both can get forward but push inside if necessary also cover their full backs if they go on a deep run.
    c/mid is the most important mowatt would be one and the other I’d have to try gardner-hickman for power pace and energy
    2 up front would be carrol and grant can they come anywhere nere jeff and bomber. Anyhow it doesn’t matter what I think cause they gave the job to brucie. Good luck to him

Spot on Viaduct.

If you want the proof look at Prandos thread just below ‘Anyone else feeling positive about this season’.

Funnily enough many of the ones criticising him the most now were his biggest fans at his appointment.

Hokey Kokey for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Spot on Viaduct.

If you want the proof look at Prandos thread just below ‘Anyone else feeling positive about this season’.

Funnily enough many of the ones criticising him the most now were his biggest fans at his appointment.

Hokey Kokey for sure.

I was a fan of Val at the beginning and like most supporters at Bournemouth loved the attacking press.

I am certainly are not fickle. Since the Bournemouth match or few matches there after - where have we seen the high press or same intensity? In the last three months the football has been absolutely dire - embarrassing is a better word! Val dug his own grave hoping things would change without a plan B. The suspensions have been shocking!

I certainly would not call any supporter fickle who regularly goes to the matches and spends their cash! Those who sit at home maybe! Supporters who go to the games and part with their money can say what they want as after all - it’s an investment and time.

I am going to Sheffield and will back Bruce 100% although could have thought of better managers. If Bruce after 2 months plus serves up garbage like Val then he will get it in the neck!

Most West Brom supporters who go to the matches don’t expect miracles but they do expect the same type of football being served up by QPR or Blackburn!

The fickle supporters for me are those who slam a manager from the off and don’t even part with their cash! It won’t be long before the number 1 suspect Viaduct starts his anti manager campaign after about two games in or from his sofa watching the Sheffield or Luton matches!
    Last edited by baggieal; 04-02-2022 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I was a fan of Val at the beginning and like most supporters at Bournemouth loved the attacking press.

I am certainly are not fickle. Since the Bournemouth match or few matches there after - where have we seen the high press or same intensity? In the last three months the football has been absolutely dire - embarrassing is a better word! Val dug his own grave hoping things would change without a plan B. The suspensions have been shocking!

I certainly would not call any supporter fickle who regularly goes to the matches and spends their cash! Those who sit at home maybe! Supporters who go to the games and part with their money can say what they want as after all - it’s an investment and time.

I am going to Sheffield and will back Bruce 100% although could have thought of better managers. If Bruce after 2 months plus serves up garbage like Val then he will get it in the neck!

Most West Brom supporters who go to the matches don’t expect miracles but they do expect the same type of football being served up by QPR or Blackburn!

The fickle supporters for me are those who slam a manager from the off and don’t even part with their cash! It won’t be long before the number 1 suspect Viaduct starts his anti manager campaign after about two games in or from his sofa watching the Sheffield or Luton matches!
    Top post baggieal. Football is results business, if that isn’t happening and on top of that the football is dire and owner will take action. I was hopeful when Val started but where he’s taken us is nowhere, he’s not a smart manager is? So why should we still persist with him when he makes the same mistake week in week out? I don’t get why you and likes of me are getting called out for spotting the blinking obvious 😂 yes we know owner has issues, but he does control what’s on the pitch.

That said, i wasn’t so keen on Bruce to be honest but the more I think about it.. he’s probably the best choice.. like Roy exiting Liverpool, Bruce will find himself in a similar position (bad supporters) - so hope the bad experience he has had is used to fire him up to prove a point.

Totally agree Regis. He wouldn't have most people's first choice but now the deal is done, we should get behind the team again and try to secure that play off spot. The one change that I would like him to make is to go back to 4 at the back instead of the high line back 3 of Ishmael.

Not the most glamorous of appointments but Bruce's record as a Championship manager is actually pretty good.

As stated elsewhere, the focus of any concerns on my behalf are higher up the food chain with Mr. Gourlay. Chequered CV.

He won't have the benefit of Utd or Chelsea level funding here and was part of Reading's Championship level demise all be it in testing circumstances.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)