+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EFL Rejects Attempts by Derby County to Use Insolvency Laws

Put simply they are cheating two hats

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It's a legal minefield

Money owed everywhere and lots of it

So I assume the Derby legal teams are working for nothing?
    It's disgusting how the EFL have allowed them to get away with it for so long. Only good thing coming out of this so far is Rooney id having a great season as Manager. Should he keep Derby up, he fully deserves the Manager of the year award.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    It's disgusting how the EFL have allowed them to get away with it for so long. Only good thing coming out of this so far is Rooney id having a great season as Manager. Should he keep Derby up, he fully deserves the Manager of the year award.
    Yes to be fair although everyone likes to hate him…I bet all this as his first job will be very good foundation and experience for his future managerial career..

A smaller club would have been liquidated weeks ago .Just another example how the EFL WORKS . Still pisses me off what happened to Bury and how Bolton managed to get off with it . It seems if you won the league once or are a founder member you are immune to been wound up

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    A smaller club would have been liquidated weeks ago .Just another example how the EFL WORKS . Still pisses me off what happened to Bury and how Bolton managed to get off with it . It seems if you won the league once or are a founder member you are immune to been wound up
    With the government writing off millions of covid fraud I doubt the hmrc have much appetite to force anything with Derby ..

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    With the government writing off millions of covid fraud I doubt the hmrc have much appetite to force anything with Derby ..
    they fkn forced it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    they fkn forced it for me.
    Well yeah the man in the street they would yeah..

I dont have any desire to see Derby be wound up, but if they are, it will finally (hopefully) be the catalist for the EFL to take action on football finance.

The management and running of the EFL is like turkeys voting for Christmas on a weekly basis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12