+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Recruitment, this is the way to do it.

Recruitment, this is the way to do it.

While BFC fail yet again to strengthen the squad in the January window, over at Clitheroe they sign an international goalkeeper. The regular keeper was injured last week, so they've signed Northern Ireland international Lee Camp as replacement.

Just by coincidence, it's exactly ten years ago this week I was watching Lee play for Forest against Burnley at the City Ground, Jay put two past him and we won 2-0. Happy Days, and Steve Cotterill was managing Forest at the time, which made it even more enjoyable.

You do talk some tripe on occasions sinkov.

What kind of bath chair will they be wheeling Lee out in?

He's 3 years younger than Grezza was when he last played for us, and Lee doesn't have to run around in midfield like Grezza did. So who is the purveyor of tripe mon ami.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    He's 3 years younger than Grezza was when he last played for us, and Lee doesn't have to run around in midfield like Grezza did. So who is the purveyor of tripe mon ami.
    I don't think Clitheroe are competing with the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool to sign a third choice goalkeeper do you sinkov?

Actually, I am a dedicated purveyor of tripe mon ami, my cousin occasionally asks me to help out on her tripe stall in Bury market.

The banter is unbelievable!

I love a bit of tripe BT, chopped tnto cubes, vinegar and pepper on it, very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I love a bit of tripe BT, chopped tnto cubes, vinegar and pepper on it, very nice.
    My cousins honeycomb is to die for sinkov.

I mentioned to my lad mid-match yesterday, I should have brought a load of tripe to provide some half time subsidence for our load of tripe.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)