+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Murder in the Valleys

I spoke to my brother who described a lot more than was in the programme but will stay on the fence until after seeing the 2 remainiing programmes

Now watched it all and I am 95 % sure that the Sergeant did it, aided and abetted by the brother and Dai himself due to his lies about the bracelet. The man who saw one of the brothers walking did not come forward apparently because he had been up the mountain with two young girls, but now he is terminally ill and wants to get the record straight. Why will te police not release the whole DNA findings? The defence team was a shambles and a lie - the man would not implicate his other clients the brothers. Stephen said he had never been in the house, then he said he might have been, then he said he might have been upstairs and that he went in the back garden r=to shoft a fridge and might have touched the pole (so preparing for the possibility that his DNA might be found). The sequence of the killings is alos a major issue... granny first followed by the three others when they returned. When the killer struck the granny the weapon shattered the light and fused the place. The fuse was replaced to ensure that the lights were working for the arrival of the rest of the family. After the killing there was an attempt to start a fire. That was not succesful and someone went later to set a new one. The inspector does not recall where he was in the 3 relevant hours. Meanwhile, while there were 2 sightings of one or both of the brothers but no one saw Dai who apparently had the wherewithall to retun to the house a second time

I can see where you are coming from cayambe especially where the Sargent is concerned but I still feel the right man was convicted,the police not giving the complete DNA findings is a worry on such a controversial crime,I just can't see either of the two brothers going to such extreme violence of killing an OAP and two kids just because one of their wives had been having a lesbian affair with Mandy,it's so over the top that it makes no sense at all but Dia had form,he had already attacked somebody else and could have easily have killed him, he got away with that so felt invincible,the reasons that he gave for his chain being there are laughable,he hated the woman as he was heard saying in the pub on the same night,the fact that he denied the chain being his until he was backed into a corner speaks volumes,I feel sorry for his family as they obviously believe him

Yes I see your conclusion has merits but I have seen longer arguments about many points raised by the case and these confirm to me that, at the least, the conviction was unsafe. Apologies for not being able to share.

I can only base my conclusion to what I know but if you point me to the longer arguements I will give them a look,if I was on the jury i would say that he was guilty,IF he was innocent then he got what he deserves for the previous attack anyway as it usually catches up with you in the end,I'm not at all convinced that the bloke in the dark country lane is being completely honest as well,if he was up there with two girls then why didn't they come forward as well knowing that somebody was serving a whole life term for something that he hadn't done?

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    I can only base my conclusion to what I know but if you point me to the longer arguements I will give them a look,if I was on the jury i would say that he was guilty,IF he was innocent then he got what he deserves for the previous attack anyway as it usually catches up with you in the end,I'm not at all convinced that the bloke in the dark country lane is being completely honest as well,if he was up there with two girls then why didn't they come forward as well knowing that somebody was serving a whole life term for something that he hadn't done?
    If you are on Facebook join the David George Morris group that looks at all the issues.

Quote Originally Posted by cayambe View Post
    If you are on Facebook join the David George Morris group that looks at all the issues.
    I'm not on Facebook cayambe so I can't access it but tbh Dia was a nasty f@cker,if he was innocent (which I doubt) and served time for a crime that he didn't commit then so be it because who knows what he's done in the past that we don't know about,I've got no sympathy for him and will see it as God's will,I know that you suspect the brother(s) but I just can't see it over a lesbian love affair,if only Mandy had suffered at the hands of the killer then maybe so but to kill an OAP and kids you need to be an evil person which Dia was,you can run but he couldn't hide when you've done wrong,one way or another you get your comeuppance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)