+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Accrington Stanley Post Match Thoughts

Accrington Stanley Post Match Thoughts

From the minute Dan the man's screamer hit the back of the net, bums squeaking in Rotherham could be heard 4,500 miles away. Well we survived a sending off, a penalty and what even from simple text updates on the BBC sounded like a frantic last couple of minutes to finally put Accrington to the sword at the third time of asking. I believe a special mention should be afforded today's referee! Scary to say it but we are probably only 10-12 points away from securing at least a playoff berth.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by CAMiller; 05-02-2022 at 05:18 PM.

All rather dull wasn't it

I don't want anymore games like that. They stopped us playing; someone compared them to Wycombe. The ref was a disaster. Our fans let us down again. I'm exhausted! Vickers was the hero, how did they not score at the end. We looked tired, Smith from the start I thought. Not sure how many subs we used, maybe 2? Thought there'd be more. Hope Icky isn't too injured, we will need him on Tuesday. On the plus side, what an amazing goal from Dan the man

The 3 points are important. Unfortunately the rumblings of the fans behaviour will be brought into questioning again. What happened to the security that the club employ and utmost what happened to folk knowing what's right and what's wrong?

The match will be remembered for the one fan that kicked the ball. He should be banned for life!
    We played against a team that we're there to spoil a game. Accrington Stanley are a better side and a better footballing side than they played today but tried to not lose than win.

The referee was incredibly bad. His decision making or none making was terrible throughout the match. It's ok wanting the game flow but the way he conducted himself was embarrassing.

The goal was one of the best ever scored by a Miller.

A mixed day thatsaw us wi n 3 points but one that cost us much more through the actions of cretins

Could have had them buried. Not sure why we simply struggle so much against this team. What a goal, what a set of saves. What a set of plums from the crowd. I seriously hope that no one comes on defending that.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburghmiller View Post
    I don't want anymore games like that. They stopped us playing; someone compared them to Wycombe. The ref was a disaster. Our fans let us down again. I'm exhausted! Vickers was the hero, how did they not score at the end. We looked tired, Smith from the start I thought. Not sure how many subs we used, maybe 2? Thought there'd be more. Hope Icky isn't too injured, we will need him on Tuesday. On the plus side, what an amazing goal from Dan the man
    Mattock for Icky
    Miller for Ferguson
    JJ for Grigg

Used all 3 subs.

One of the most intense 1-0 wins I’ve ever seen. A mix of Wycombe this season and Northampton away in 2000.

Mixed emotions on the fan. Disgraceful behaviour and needs banning, but on the other hand does he get an assist for the pen save? Hilarious to see the Accy striker set off after him with murder in mind being pulled back by his own team mates, he was clearly rattled and infuriated, which may have helped us.

Goal of the season for Barlaser with a Worldie of of a volley. Not sure that Wood did handball it, looked like chest to me.

6 points clear, yes Wigan have games in hand, but they now must win them so pressure is on after 2 draws in their last 2 games.

Final word for Sunderland, BWAHAHAHA!
    Last edited by Beaufighter; 05-02-2022 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Mattock for Icky
    Miller for Ferguson
    JJ for Grigg

Used all 3 subs.
    Thanks! Black mark to me for not concentrating or being able to count!`

Well that was hard work, well done Vickers, MoM easily.

Well done Dan, goal of the season.

Well done the ref for an almost comical display of incompetence. Had we been away, in front of a big crowd, we would have had even more decisions go against us, such he was swayed by the crowd, by appeals, by dives etc.

I won't comment on the pillock who came on the pitch - except to say I actually felt a bit sorry for the penalty-taker, must have put him off. The increase in tw@tishness in recent weeks, and how to stop it, deserves a separate thread CAM.

So much to talk about, WOW!
    Firstly we won, and that League One table looks good.
    Secondly, another crappy referee, where on Earth are they all coming from, and why oh why do we get them on a regular basis?
    Personally I've lost a lot of respect for Accrington F.C. and especially their manager Coleman because it's his "football" that they're "playing", if you can call it that. This is the third time we've played them and each time my blood has been at boiling point watching their antics. Cheating, getting in the referee's face and asking for everything even though they know it's the other way. They are a carbon copy of Wycombe.
    Thirdly, the fans. I don't condone what they've done today but I can understand their frustration. Like the rest of us they've seen the opposition cheating and conning the referee and by invading the pitch it was just relieving the pressure that had built up inside their heads. The sad thing is that we'll most likely get a fine now and any more of this and we could find ourselves playing behind closed doors. Please let's not give the authorities a reason to do this, or even worse, deduct us points, because they will. And relaxxxx

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast