+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After the dust settled

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Sub is perfectly capable of speaking for himself, but it seems obvious to me that he's pointing out to those that moan about hoofball, that 'good football' and lots of possession does not necessarily lead to winning games.
    Too true sinkov, football is going down the pan.
    Look at West Ham and Chelsea both had 72% possession and needed extra time to see off lowly opponents.
    Wolves had 65% against Norwich and lost, QPR had 72% possession and lost to Peterborough.

As we have the lowest pass completion rate at 69% according to official statistics, for every 10 passes, three will be to the opposition.

Add into that most times with hoof ball, the opposition defence wins the header (and usually possession) it is amazing that we manage 37%

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    As we have the lowest pass completion rate at 69% according to official statistics, for every 10 passes, three will be to the opposition.

Add into that most times with hoof ball, the opposition defence wins the header (and usually possession) it is amazing that we manage 37%
    Swiss ---you calculation about pass accuracy is not strictly true. You say that for every 10 passes, three will go to the opposition, however, a fair number will go out of play for throw ins or goalkicks. Yes, the opposition will then have use of the ball, however, we have not passed it directly to them.

Does our pass accuracy matter as we lose the ball anyway, accurate or not. If you're playing hoofball you're bound to have a low pass accuracy. our current problem is scoring, our defence, as the stats show, is quite sound.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Does our pass accuracy matter as we lose the ball anyway, accurate or not. If you're playing hoofball you're bound to have a low pass accuracy. our current problem is scoring, our defence, as the stats show, is quite sound.
    Playing ping-pong in our six yard box worried the $hite out of me on Saturday mate.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    The stats on possession passes and the like are useless and mean nothing - pointless to me as I’m watching the game I know if we don’t have possession or if we hoof all the time because lm watching it intently.

Sky gimmick to pad out whats usually a dire football match when we’re involved. Someone’s going to ask questions eventually because there’s a lot of folk on here and who sit around me can see what’s happening without sky stats problem is the more it gets ignored ( whats happening that is ) the further it sink’s, it’s like a business haemorrhaging money you know it’s going bust but it’s a question of how long will people wait before they act to either wind it up or make changes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)